Disembarkation until Flight...long day with

Whalergirl

luggage. Our cruise begins disembarkation at 6am, our flight out to home isn't until 5:20pm. What can we do all day instead of sitting at the airport? Keep in mind we will have our luggage with us. How can we spend the day and still keep our luggage secure? Should we go to the airport and try and check our luggage in first and then go out touring? We are cruising on the Windsurf and flying Delta out to Atlanta. Thanks to all kind responses. -Chris

I'm thinking about a few options, but first off I don't see a Delta flight at 5:20 on the 10th. Have I mis-interpreted your schedule or what? I only see flights out at 2:35 and 4:11.

We did the WindStar a while ago, and I don't remember HAVING to disembark at 6:00, and maybe we even had breakfast onboard? Do you know what time you have to get off?

Are you really looking to do some sort of island tour, or just relax before your flight home?

gary

luggage. Our cruise begins disembarkation at 6am, our flight out to home isn't until 5:20pm. What can we do all day instead of sitting at the airport? Keep in mind we will have our luggage with us. How can we spend the day and still keep our luggage secure? Should we go to the airport and try and check our luggage in first and then go out touring? We are cruising on the Windsurf and flying Delta out to Atlanta. Thanks to all kind responses. -Chris

Have you considered renting a car for the day? You could tour the island stoping for lunch at a place where you can keep an eye on your vehicle.

Not sure if this would work but how about checking at some hotels/resorts to see if you could rent a day room. That way your luggage will be safe and you could enjoy the day and freshen up prior to leaving for the airport.

If you have your own taxi, I wouldn't be so concerned about luggage, but dealing with it on a bus would be inconvenient, at best, and you DO NOT leave anything in a rental car at any time.

You might consider a $90 'Circle Island Tour' and have them drop you at the airport in the end.

You might also consider taking a taxi from the Cruise Facility to the airport, ($20) checking in, and then taking another taxi to Maho Beach ($14) and hanging out at Sunset or (my recommendation) Driftwood until you see your plane land, then taxi back to the airport ($14). You should be able to check in 3 hours before flight time.

You might also consider a taxi to the airport and hanging out at the Soualiga Lounge until flight time. It's the Business Class lounge, but I believe that it is still open to the public for a $20 pp fee, and offers light snacks, sodas, beer and wine, with mixed drinks available for purchase. Also free WiFi.

gary

We often have a flight out in the late afternoon. We pack up, check out, Put the luggage in the trunk and head for lunch prior to the airport. We always keep an eye on our luggage like we do on our wallets and cameras while swimming at the beach . We keep our wallets and passports with us at all times. There are restaurants like Pineapple Pete's where you can park your vehicle and sit outside only feet away. I would never recommend not keeping it in your sight at all times but when I feel that I can't practice this any longer on St. Maarten I will know that it is time to move on. After lunch we drive to the car rental and they drop us to the airport.

I hope that you enjoy your day on the island.:)

Archived