Booking Excursions

I booked my first cruise this past weekend directly with Royal Caribbean. I'll be sailing on the Grandeur of the Seas next February! (Such a long time to wait, sigh). When I spoke with the RCI TA, he informed me that the earliest that I could book excursions would be 30 days before the sailing. Does this sound right? Seems like a short time to wait before the sailing. (I did try to log into the RCI website, and book excursions, but it says that I can not book at this time).

Thanks!

You were misinformed by TA. The thing is, you need a reservation number in order to book an RCI excursion online. Many people do not get this number until they receive their edocs or cruise package about 30 days prior to sail date (this is probably what the TA was referring to). However, after your final payment for the cruise is received, you should be able to get your reservation number if you request it, or it should be sent to you in a confirmation e-mail. (I'm sure someone will correct me on this if I'm wrong). And yes, you may book an excursion as far ahead as 6 months.

Thanks a bunch for the replies. I do have my reservation number and can access the site. 30 days before the cruise seemed a bit short to me. I'll try back when it's closer to cruise time.

Archived