Worst cruise of my life.

Redcab

[quote name='matj2000'][SIZE=3]I agree with the OP. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]A lot of little things begin to add up after a while.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Most people would react the same if they had a lot of small issues.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I also agree with the commen sense part.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Reminds me of a clerk asking for ID when buying liquor because it is a company policy, even though the person is over 60 and looks it.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]All that means is that the boss tells them they are to stupid to make an easy judgement call...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

A lot? He had two things happen, his son wasn't allowed to break the rules and go into the higher kids club (at first!) and he didn't like his conversation with a waitress at the Sushi Bar.

Back in these parts, we call that "Tuesday".

[quote name='SuiteCruiser']A lot? He had two things happen, his son wasn't allowed to break the rules and go into the higher kids club (at first!) and he didn't like his conversation with a waitress at the Sushi Bar.

Back in these parts, we call that "Tuesday".[/quote]

:p:p:p yep !! well to some more than 2 is a lot.

lets leave it at that ... LOl

[quote name='Redcab'] [COLOR=red]None of you have been in that situation because if you were you would see the insanity of it.[/COLOR]

[/quote]

Yes, some of us have been in that situation. I've been there a lot! My son's b-day is Jan 2. He's 20 now and has been cruising since he was 5. We regularly cruise over Christmas on many lines, Celebrity, Princess, NCL and RCCL. He is ALWAYS just short of the cut off and we have NEVER asked for an exception. What lesson would he learn from that? That rules don't apply to him? I don't think that's a lesson I'm willing to teach my child.

Many times he didn't even want to check in to the kids or teens club. "It's pretty lame in there Mom." On most cruises he made more friends in the arcade, the pool or the basketball court. On day one he'd see a kid that looked about the right age/size and say "hi." Pretty soon they're running with the pack. Sure there were times when some kids would say "get lost" or worse, and it was all I could do as a parent not to rush in and fix it. But he just moved on, figuring that those kids were not the kind he'd have fun hanging with anyway. He always seemed to find a good group of good kids, some that he's kept in touch with for 10+ years.

I'm sorry your son didn't have the same experience. It does take some social maturity to put yourself out there like that and that comes at different ages for different kids. I bet if/when you cruise again he'll hook up with a good group and you'll have to beg him just to have a meal with you!

On another note, you say that you sat with the Hotel Director for 2 hours to get permission to change the rules for your son. That to me sounds like ARROGANCE on your part. Really? There are 4000+ passengers on that ship that the HD has to take care of. You think you warrant 2 hours of his time for this problem? If you had spent that same 2 hours taking your son around the ship and encouraging him to talk to kids his age, you'd have both been better off.

If your morals and taste levels are so high, you would have refused the free dinner instead of trying to sneak in a drink, and you would have sent back the 2 bottles of wine that were too cheap for your taste. After all, you weren't complaining looking for compensation.....right?

Archived