With it's full schedule, when will they have time to repair the ship?

dishealth11

...and give a thorough inspection?

I'm a bit nervous too dishealth. I wish I knew if my cabin was damaged or not. When do you sail!!?

I'm supposed to be on 9, which I hear is only open to canoe and paddleboat traffic at this time!

With less than 70 cabins to repair, that's something that can be done during the cruise.. whether on sea days and or in port, especially if they work around the clock.

They do repairs on ships during the cruise all the time... painting, vanishing... they even changed a a lot of public area carpeting on a ship one time, while we were on a cruise. We met some of the carpeting guys... they worked nights from about 10pm-7am.

The public area damage may be an issue if they are high trafic... but the actual rooms should not be a problem at all, in terms of inconveniences to passengers.

Finally, it is a lot cheaper for them to sail with 70 unusable cabins (and to compensate those booked for those cabins) than it is for them to cancel/delay the following cruise and compensate 2500 passengers, and pay 1000 srew and staff members for sitting in port. All about good business sense, minimizing losses, and once again honoring the almighty dollar.

Happy sailings..

AA

Archived