Has anyone stayed at the Bahia Mar Resort?

Stayed there over New Year. As already said, fantastic location! Pool was very nice and warm and the bar food good. The view from the top (get a top room if you can) was fantastic. Saw the Sun Princess depart the day we disembarked - have a great time!

As the other poster's have written, It's a great resort! The pool area is awesome.

They have an outdoor restaurant near the pool....good food, great views. Just past the pool area is a nice beach. Comfortable rooms....nice gym. It has pretty much everything you could ask for. We also select this resort.

LarryF

Thank you all for your opinions, I got on a website that had a bunch of negative comments about the place, was hoping that the people just liked to complain about little things, if anyone has been there recently please let me know how things were, trying to make this the best vacation for my daughter(thats 11yrs old)

Hi folks.. this is one of the hotels that we are keen to book for a post cruise stay next March. Does anyone have any ideas on where or how to book for good rates. We will need 3 rooms for 3 nights so really need a good rate.

Your help and advice will be really appreciated. TIA.

happycruzer

We've booked it through discount web sites that allow you to choose your hotel and have had great rates doing so. The beach area is a lot of fun and a great place to people watch. There are good restaurants nearby. The hotel itself is clean and the staff is quite friendly. The guys at the bell desk will take care of you from picking up your bags to arranging transportation. They arranged a local limo service that was very reasonably priced and made us feel like royalty when got to the pier.

Sorry it took me so long to reply.....I am involved with a local community theater and we were in our "Tech week" of a production of Jekyll and Hyde TONS OF FUN, but lots of hours!

We are actually going to be at the Bahia Mar the same night in December.

I am traveling with my son who is 8yrs old and my sister along with her daughter who is 11 years old.

Looking forward to it!

Hooked,

Thats great, are you going cruising with us also? This is the first time on RCCL, did HAL a couple of years ago, that time we stayed at the Renissance. That was a nice hotel, except when we got back home, got my credit card bill and got charged for opening the refrigerator. I was so mad.

My daughters name is Michaela and she is 11 also, cant wait to play in the pool at Bahia Mar, said she probably would not go in the ocean, too many sharks. LOL. Maybe we will see each other there.

Hi mandms40,

Yes, we are on the Enchantment also. My son loves cruising as much as I do. I just came off the Jewel this past Feb. with my husband and three children, and we turned around and booked the Enchantment for Dec. The Dec. cruise will be with my son, my sister and her daughter. This will be my sons 4th cruise. He loves the Adventure Ocean program. This will be my neices second cruise. Maybe we will see each other?

Hooked

Hi Fellow Cruisers....Would anyone who has stayed at the Bahia Mar be kind enough to give me an idea where to book for a good rate , we will need 3 rooms for 3 nights for my family , DH and I.

I dont feel confident enough to try the priceline site that a lot of people on the boards recommend, we dont go until next March (06) but need to get our Hotel booked so that we can confirm our flight details. This is for a post cruise stay.

I would also welcome other suggestions for accomodations incase the hotel is not free on our dates or is too expensive for our dates too.

Many thanks to you in advance for any help.

Happycruzer

mandms40,

Not that I want to rush the warm weather that we are FINALLY getting here in Maine, but.........December can't come soon enough!

We are really looking forward to staying at the Bahia Mar and of course we definately can't wait to cruise!

My sister and I are easy enough to recognize because we are twins. The kids love swimming, so if we are not out grabbing a bite to eat, we will most likely be at the pool.

Hooked

Archived