can I take a rolling cart as carry on?

RivieraMaya

Taking a stroller as a carry-on is fine but they made me get my son out of it so they could check it without him actually sitting in it if I recall... I can't recall but I think we walked it through empty? It's been awhile (see my sig line) Just be prepared to get your kid out if they are riding in it.

Thanks for posting the picture. I will use mine on my upcoming cruise. Much easier to pack in suitcase when we get to destination, we can purchase pop and wine and have a place to put it after the cruise we can fold it up and put in suitcase.

I never gave this a thought until now

From your picture it looks like your rolling cart will be fine- as another member said as long as it will fit throught the scanner you will be fine. I actually had a mini fold-up dolly to bring bins and boxes on our last cruise and had no problem bringing it on or taking it off the ship. Have fun at the pool!!!!

I have a cart that rolls that I would like to take on board. Is it possible to do so? It will make getting to and from a pool much easier with kids. This is pretty much what mine looks like.

Also is taking a stoller on board a big deal?

I just checked your actual cart from Amazon and the size is 14.50x14.50x38.25 which sounds like it should fit through the scanner with no problems.

Taking a stroller as a carry-on is fine but they made me get my son out of it so they could check it without him actually sitting in it if I recall... I can't recall but I think we walked it through empty? It's been awhile (see my sig line) Just be prepared to get your kid out if they are riding in it.

On our family cruise May 2011. My grandson was sleeping and they let them go thru security with him in the stroller. Also his Sail pass card( forgot the name) his picture they took was him asleep in the stroller. Our boarding picture guess what he is asleep. He was not a baby but 18 months old. i guess it depends on the person doing security?

Archived