Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport

chrob

We were just there in February. It is a beautiful hotel. We wanted a cab at 10:30 but I was told we could not go to the pier until noon. I said I would take my chances......the guy again told me I could not go until noon. I insisted he call me a cab and that I would be fine ( he kept saying the traffic would be so heavy it would cost 30-40 bucks for a cab.)

We ended up getting picked up around 10:45 am or so drove straight to the pier and were in our cabin at 11:10. There was no traffic whatsoever. I think we were the only ones getting dropped off when our cab pulled up. It think it cost around 10 bucks......give or take a couple with tip.

They will try to make you take their shuttle----you still pay for it, but for some reason they really push their noon shuttle. If you do take a cab, be sure to tell them the night before when you want your pick up......and again in the morning. Many of the cabs are picking up at the port and running to the airport. Be sure to get one lined up.

Archived