Cenotes,diving with sharks, dolphins

cruzluvers

We are doing a Mexico/Central America cruise in late March. I have apx. 25 dives logged. The ports where I might dive are Cozumel, Belize, Roatan & maybe Costa Maya. Has anyone had any experience with the "exotic" dives in the title of this thread in any of these ports? I believe they all carry a very substantial premium price. Did you think it was worth it? Can you recommend any dive shops which offer these unique opportunities?

Thanks a bunch.

John

We are doing a Mexico/Central America cruise in late March. I have apx. 25 dives logged. The ports where I might dive are Cozumel, Belize, Roatan & maybe Costa Maya. Has anyone had any experience with the "exotic" dives in the title of this thread in any of these ports? I believe they all carry a very substantial premium price. Did you think it was worth it? Can you recommend any dive shops which offer these unique opportunities?

Thanks a bunch.

John

We dove cenotes while staying in Cancun last year and used Scorpio Divers. Our DM was Gonzalo. It was great. The visibility was 100+ feet when you're not about to swim through at halocline, which is really cool all on it's own. You have to feel comfortable enough to dive in an overhead environment, but you are never more than 200 ft from air. If you dive The Pit cenote, you descend to 120 ft and see human bone remains at the bottom since it use to be a sacrifice pit!

It's important to know that these cenotes are quite a trek from the cruise ship docked in Cozumel or Costa Maya. I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable doing them on a cruise stop. Better to spend a week on Coz or in Playa del Carmen and go while you're there. Then you don't have to worry about getting back too late to make the ship.

Archived