To scubagirl or other locals

fritolayNY

Are there any restrictions to the public beaches as far as water toys or beach games on the beaches? Many of us want to avoid Blue Lagoon and go to Junkanoo and visit the local bussiness and like to bring some games and toys to entertain the children at the same time. Thankyou for your reply.

Are there any restrictions to the public beaches as far as water toys or beach games on the beaches? Many of us want to avoid Blue Lagoon and go to Junkanoo and visit the local bussiness and like to bring some games and toys to entertain the children at the same time. Thankyou for your reply.

You can bring whatever you want, as long as it doesn't interfer with others or leave a mess. And there is nothing motorized and no glass.

If you are thinking of mats and tubes etc.. there's plenty of room.

Just make sure you don't disturb others with football and frisbee flying between those that are trying to relax. Take it down the beach. There's plenty of sand for everyone.

so kick boards, noodles or inflatibles (not huge ones) are fine? Can you bring coolers (we'll be coming off a ship so am thinking a small fold up one with some bottled water or canned pop).

what is usually available to rent? are there lockers to rent? any sites that could give me an idea on cost. Just wondering how much cash to bring with me to rent some chairs, locker, & what ever else is available - also some food. (went to Junkanoo last July with just my husband but we didn't really spend that much time on the beach - more in the water - then back to the ship)

so kick boards, noodles or inflatibles (not huge ones) are fine? Can you bring coolers (we'll be coming off a ship so am thinking a small fold up one with some bottled water or canned pop).

what is usually available to rent? are there lockers to rent? any sites that could give me an idea on cost. Just wondering how much cash to bring with me to rent some chairs, locker, & what ever else is available - also some food. (went to Junkanoo last July with just my husband but we didn't really spend that much time on the beach - more in the water - then back to the ship)

Yes, those toys would be fine.. but be aware.. there are no lifeguards, so kids should be watched by adults.. there always a current and you don't want you kids to "drift" too far. Of course, there's noone to blow up your inflatables but yourselves.. so think about that option when you plan.

As for a cooler.. no problem.. just no glass.

No lockers.. it's just an open beach with a concession stand, open bar and restrooms. I think chairs are $5 and chaise are $10.

I don't know about food, but I'm sure it's not crazy expensive. I think I saw conch fritters for $5.. I would say drinks are a little less than the hotels.. which would mean about $5 or $6 .. but I'm not sure.

Bring your towels from the ship.

Archived