HELP, Delta,Northwest,Continental, United Airlines

or US Airways. I have another post and have a lot of good advice. So I have check the prices and they dropped again. Who should I book with so far in advance. Dec10 Cruise. Who would you book with? I need to know ASAP because I don't want to miss these prices. THANKS

......though they are going through a reorganization bankruptcy they are going to be there when you need them, and because of their past problems

they are trying harder in the service department.

Mitch

United or Continental have provided us with the best service over the last couple of years. Delta is all right but they seem to have employee attitude issues everytime we fly them. Perhaps they just don't like us? USAir is most at risk for liquidation and I'd be leary of using them at any price.

or US Airways. I have another post and have a lot of good advice. So I have check the prices and they dropped again. Who should I book with so far in advance. Dec10 Cruise. Who would you book with? I need to know ASAP because I don't want to miss these prices. THANKS

You got something against Southwest? ;)

Where are you going out of? I assume Miami. We have gone Northwest or Delta out of Detroit to Miami many times. The prices were always the lowest.....most likely because Detroit is a Northwest hub........which is nice because you can get direct flights.

Look where's this person is posting from, though...London, Ontario, Canada. I'm not sure that Southwest serves north of the border.

Michael

If you look up a few posts he stated he could fly out of Toronto or Detroit.

Yes, Southwest does fly out of Detroit but you have to check their website directly. Spirit is another one you might check.

,...then saying United "is not going anywhere' sounds incongruent. However,

I have a couple of friends that work for United/Denver, and probably BECAUSE United is working out a debt reorganization, they assure me the company is not in danger of folding unlike some others.

Southwest (one of the few NOT having financial problems) is fine, but like the previous poster said, you must go to their website for info..and I was

suprised on a couple of occasions that they did NOT offer the lowest price for the route in question.

Mitch

The top three domestic airlines rated for service for 2004 were, JetBlue, AirTran and Southwest, in that order. I don't know if JetBlue serves Detroit area yet. I think all three open their reservations at 5 or 6 months out and should be accessed on their own websites. Further, I think All three airlines still allow checked bags weighing up to 70 pounds while the legacy airlines have reduced the weight to 50 pounds. There is no way I would rely on USAir after June of this year.

Archived