Finally my review went through! (Sensation Review)

quirkygrl16

I just got back from my first ever cruise. I went with my boyfriend on the Sensation for a three day to Nassau. I was really nervous at first, as I get severe motion sickness,usually. However, we took Bonine with us and took it the night before.

The boarding process didn't take super long. It was busy, but it was expected.Once we got on the ship, I was in awe. It was like a hotel,but on the water!!!As time went on we did notice that in some areas it looked like the 80's threw up all over the ship. It just got out of being upgraded,so this surprised me.We did have an issue with our luggage,though. The person who tagged our luggage tagged them with the WRONG room number. After waiting all day I just went to the room number he had written on it and took it. We weren't the only one this happened to,sadly. Several people's luggage ended up at the wrong rooms. That was thankfully our only problem personally that day. Not so for others. Some pipes burst and flooded several rooms. The ship was booked,so I don't know what ended up being done.

We were scheduled to set sail at 6 pm. We did not leave until 9:30!!! Apparently there were delays due to the pipes and rushing to load supplies. A lot of people were upset. The only problem it caused me was that he went faster to make up time. This made the ship ROCKY!!! It was hard to fall asleep that night.

We got to Nassau at about noonish on Friday. Due to the delayed start we were given an extra half day in Nassau on Saturday as well. I loved the warm weather there. I plan to go again for sure.

Saturday the captain started going fast to make up time again,faster than before. He went so fast everyone was practically falling over all of the time. We were thankful to have a room on the E deck in the middle. We went to the Lido for a late snack and the rolling was so bad I just had to go to bed.

Sunday we got home to Florida to COLD weather! I wasn't liking that at all. Overall I really liked cruising. I didn't like this particular cruise however, because it just wasn't my scene. There was a nice mix of older and younger people but the majority of them all had one thing on their minds:Partying. I don't do that. I had to deal with quite a few completely intoxicated people. Hopefully my next cruise won't have this as much,as it's going to be a longer one.

I wanted to go into detail about the food. We ate first at the Lido buffet and to be honest I really wasn't impressed at all. I had a small hair in my potato salad,so that killed my appetite. The MDR wasn't at all bad,though. I enjoyed being tended to like that. I also tried a lot of new foods.

Thursday:I started with Gazpacho as I've wanted to try it. It was delicious!! My boyfriend got the Smoked Duck Breast and that was wonderful as well. My main was a lasagna bolognese which I did Not like. My boyfriend got Grilled Pork Steak,which was good. For dessert I got the Melting cake after hearing so many rave reviews and I was EXTREMELY disappointed. There was barely any cake to it. It was mostly pudding! :(

Friday:We got breakfast in the MDR and I got Eggs Benedict for the first time which was yummy. For dinner I started with Minestrone Milanese,which was delish. My boyfriend got the Spicy Alligator Fritters which we hated. They had a weird after taste. For dinner I got the lobster and grilled shrimp. I fell in love with lobster that night. I'd never had it before. My boyfriend got the Prime Rib,which was sooo great.

Saturday: For lunch I got the This was the worst dinner yet. I started with the Onion soup and all I could taste was beef broth. My boyfriend got a crab cake that was horrible. It tasted like canned tuna. I got the Penne Mariscos which wasn't that great. The sauce was a cream based tomato sauce that I didn't like. My boyfriend got the Veal Parmigana which was just not good. It was super chewy. :(

Overall the food was okay. We had some hits and misses. I didn't expect it all to be 5 star food all the time.

Archived