Your favorite "dance/rock bands" and where are they now?"

manmtnmike

From Froufie's review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1564561

...On recent Liberty cruise ...

One more question for you Froufie. Was there a Filipino Cover Band on board....Blood Power/Music Network etc???? We soooo enjoyed the music on Destiny a couple of years ago.... Hoping to see the likes on the Liberty in May??

"The cover band High Rise and they were pretty good."

Going on liberty in 3 weeks and I consider myself a good judge of cover bands and will post here when I get back!!

Sounds great!!!! Thanks soooo much!!!! Hopefully I can find your post.

I'm really interested to hear how they are. I looked them up on You Tube. A little different than we are maybe used to but I will be happy with some good music no matter what. Hopefully they will be set up in one of the lounges.... LOVED this part of our last cruise :D

Sounds great!!!! Thanks soooo much!!!! Hopefully I can find your post.

I'm really interested to hear how they are. I looked them up on You Tube. A little different than we are maybe used to but I will be happy with some good music no matter what. Hopefully they will be set up in one of the lounges.... LOVED this part of our last cruise :D

Just subscribe to this thread that way you can keep track anytime someone post to it!!

Hey Mike Man - I have contacted my friends in BlackJack band to find out about their schedules this summer and I will let you know as soon as I have some info for you.

I have no idea or contacts with Blood Power.

Chick

Hey Tex chick,

Enjoyed Blackjack, but we sailed the Dream 2x's last year and we're ready for a different ship...:)

MMMike

Ok,

Yeah, I know this will not be easy.....

I realize everyone cruises for different reasons and probably not too many choose based on the bands or music,

But after a horendous lack on my first RCL experience...back to Carnival..

Looking to sail on a Carnival, 7 day, in late Aug. or in Sept. 2012.

We've decided to do our best, to book at last minute, as we change our initial booking-hoping to gain new and accurate insight on "what band is where".

With pitifully little help from Carnival in the past, I'm hoping Cruise Critic will come to my aid:) as we keep resurrecting this thread, an accurate list may be developed.

It would be good to share how we could communicate with specific bands via: websites, e- mails, etc. and find out about their contracts, ending date and if they are re-upping and/or changing ships.

Any other helpful ideas appreciated!

Some of the bands as examples:

Blood Power,

Music Society,

Music Highlights,

Music Manila,

Music Unlimited (has name changed?)

Music Boardwalk,

Music Asia,

Please add others:

Thanks for the help!

Mike

Hi Mike, would love a list like that. My group that I like to travel with is "Music Boardwalk". Saw them 3 times on the Miracle and seeing them again in April. Same members except that I understand that they have a new keyboard player that is great. I can't wait to see them. They are in Facebook by their individual names.

Also I've seen 'Music Unlimited". I think the only original member is Ike the drummer. He's still there and I have is e-mail is you would like it just let me know. They have been on the Miracle and I believe they are on vacation now. Ike by the way is manages the "Music ...." Groups. They are all from Phillipines and all extremely talented.

I've also seen "Music Mix". I don't know if they are still around. They had a lady singer. Also very good.

One day I would like to see "Blood Power". They are the most popular ones I think.

They all have contracts that run up to about 8 months or so... and then go home. I call "Carnival" to find out where my group are so I can book. You're not alone.

Good luck in starting the list. Mary Ann

Hey Tex chick,

Enjoyed Blackjack, but we sailed the Dream 2x's last year and we're ready for a different ship...:)

MMMike

Got it - no worries. Please know that they are getting "top dollar" for the Magic. We live within driving distance to Galveston; but have decided that we could fly to any Florida port and travel cheaper (including baggage fees) than we could going on the Magic out of Galveston. It still gets me how much more they charge out of Galveston than Florida ports that have better itineraries. Go figure!

Ok,

Yeah, I know this will not be easy.....

I realize everyone cruises for different reasons and probably not too many choose based on the bands or music,

But after a horendous lack on my first RCL experience...back to Carnival..

Looking to sail on a Carnival, 7 day, in late Aug. or in Sept. 2012.

We've decided to do our best, to book at last minute, as we change our initial booking-hoping to gain new and accurate insight on "what band is where".

With pitifully little help from Carnival in the past, I'm hoping Cruise Critic will come to my aid:) as we keep resurrecting this thread, an accurate list may be developed.

It would be good to share how we could communicate with specific bands via: websites, e- mails, etc. and find out about their contracts, ending date and if they are re-upping and/or changing ships.

Any other helpful ideas appreciated!

Some of the bands as examples:

Blood Power,

Music Society,

Music Highlights,

Music Manila,

Music Unlimited (has name changed?)

Music Boardwalk,

Music Asia,

Please add others:

Thanks for the help!

Mike

Revolver on the Paradise by a wide margin.

They have a Facebook page.

Just off of the Freedom last week and Music Highlights was the band there. They were great! We caught the tail end of one of their sets one evening and decided we had to come back for their next performance.

We got there early as the lounge was packed when we first found them. The lead guitarist sat and visited with us for about 20 minutes before the start. There was virtually nobody in the lounge yet. We jokingly mentioned they should play Freebird and he said they would during the second set. We also said something about playing Metallica when it got late.

When they played Freebird, they did an 11-minute take on it and really rocked it! The two guitarists up front could really play! It was awesome to experience. Then right before the final song, the lead guitarist looked our direction, gave us a nod and broke into Enter Sandman! What a great treat that night turned out to be!

For the rest of the cruise, whenever we ran into the lead guitarist, he would acknowledge us by name and say that he hoped to see us at the next performance. We were really glad we stumbled on to them that second night out. All the performances we saw were awesome!

Edited by zeroyankee

Hi Mike, would love a list like that. My group that I like to travel with is "Music Boardwalk". Saw them 3 times on the Miracle and seeing them again in April. Same members except that I understand that they have a new keyboard player that is great. I can't wait to see them. They are in Facebook by their individual names.

Also I've seen 'Music Unlimited". I think the only original member is Ike the drummer. He's still there and I have is e-mail is you would like it just let me know. They have been on the Miracle and I believe they are on vacation now. Ike by the way is manages the "Music ...." Groups. They are all from Phillipines and all extremely talented.

I've also seen "Music Mix". I don't know if they are still around. They had a lady singer. Also very good.

One day I would like to see "Blood Power". They are the most popular ones I think.

They all have contracts that run up to about 8 months or so... and then go home. I call "Carnival" to find out where my group are so I can book. You're not alone.

Good luck in starting the list. Mary Ann

Thanks Mary Ann!

Who do you contact and what extension do you use...I'd love to have that contact!!! My email is on my sig below.

I have e-mailed Blood Power, I'll let yoy know if they get back to me.:)

Mike

Ok... So we've got :

Music Degree on the Fantasy, which I will serious follow for our early Sept cruise choice.

Boardwalk - on Dream...Great folks, saw them last year.

Bloodpower -on the Magic??? still there?

Music Manilla -on The Splendor?

Please correct or add especially those who just returned.

Thanks...

Mike

Gotta go check prices on Fantasy:D

Mike - Correction on MUSIC BOARDWALK

They are on the "MIRACLE" not the DREAM

Just sent you the contacts by e-mail. Good Luck Mary Ann

Just off of the Freedom last week and Music Highlights was the band there. They were great! We caught the tail end of one of their sets one evening and decided we had to come back for their next performance.

We got there early as the lounge was packed when we first found them. The lead guitarist sat and visited with us for about 20 minutes before the start. There was virtually nobody in the lounge yet. We jokingly mentioned they should play Freebird and he said they would during the second set. We also said something about playing Metallica when it got late.

When they played Freebird, they did an 11-minute take on it and really rocked it! The two guitarists up front could really play! It was awesome to experience. Then right before the final song, the lead guitarist looked our direction, gave us a nod and broke into Enter Sandman! What a great treat that night turned out to be!

For the rest of the cruise, whenever we ran into the lead guitarist, he would acknowledge us by name and say that he hoped to see us at the next performance. We were really glad we stumbled on to them that second night out. All the performances we saw were awesome!

Hasnt happened as often as we would like but great to get to know the entertainers on the ship.

Ok... So we've got :

Music Degree on the Fantasy, which I will serious follow for our early Sept cruise choice.

Blackjack - on Dream

Bloodpower -on the Magic??? still there?

Music Manilla -on The Splendor?

Revolver- on the Paradise

Music Highlights- on The Freedom

MUSIC BOARDWALK- on The Miracle

Music Mix?? Blood Power?? Where are you??

Please correct or add especially those who just returned.

Thanks...

Mike

Dittos - on the Freedom last month and unfortunately only saw them the last night. They were amazing....they could play anything! Very enjoyable

John in NC

Hey Mike Man - I have contacted my friends in BlackJack band to find out about their schedules this summer and I will let you know as soon as I have some info for you.

I have no idea or contacts with Blood Power.

Chick

This is from my cruzn' friend who hangs with Bloodpower Band...

"Blood Power will get their next assignment within the next month or so. As of right now they are on vacation and do not know what ship they will be on next. They should return from vacation by early April and as soon as they know, I'll email you the ship name. Unfortunately, Joey (keyboard and lead vocals) has resigned and the guys will be replacing him with a new keyboard player..."

Mike

This is from my cruzn' friend who hangs with Bloodpower Band...

"Blood Power will get their next assignment within the next month or so. As of right now they are on vacation and do not know what ship they will be on next. They should return from vacation by early April and as soon as they know, I'll email you the ship name. Unfortunately, Joey (keyboard and lead vocals) has resigned and the guys will be replacing him with a new keyboard player..."

Mike

Thanks so much for the info - I'll hold off booking for this summer until April. Please keep in touch and let me know what you find out - I would really like to see them and hoping they will stay with the Magic since that will probably be our choice for this summer. You can private message me here or email is crystalatdiscprodotcom.

Thanks so much for the info - I'll hold off booking for this summer until April. Please keep in touch and let me know what you find out - I would really like to see them and hoping they will stay with the Magic since that will probably be our choice for this summer. You can private message me here or email is crystalatdiscprodotcom.

You got it Tex Chick!

But they did say they were not sure what ship they were to return to...

But I believe their new contract will be 6 months, which will help with planning. Don't quote me on that though..:)

Mike

Edited by manmtnmike

Blood power and Music unlimited were the two best we have seen.

On the Valor in Jan and generally could not find the band.

OH NO! You couldn't find a band!?!?! I was wonder if there was a band and how they were on the Valor darn it!