Host Mach, can I get your input on a Cove for the Breeze?

Lydia B.

Host Mach,

I know from your posts you love the Cove Balcony. Trying to convince my cruise buddy to try one on the Breeze next spring. She is concerned about the noise. I know they are main and do have the galley, theater, etc above them. What rooms might you suggest that would be less noisy? Thank you, Lydia of Ohio

You're right... I love the Coves... I think they're perfectly brilliant...

There are a number of cabins that are below the Lobby and dining room and wouldn't suffer from any noise. They go back to about 2341 on the starboard side and 2314 on the port side.

I don't believe there are any below the theater... those should all be ocean view cabins...

Having said all that our Cove on the Dream was below the galley and the only time we had noise problems was during 30 foot seas when a couple of dish carts overhead turned over!!

:)

We have the very first one on the port side. It was under the shore excursion desk and we only heard a noise one time (I think someone dropped a box of stuff).

The cabin next to us held water on the balcony, but ours drained fine.

(we had friends in the one next door, which is the only reason I know about the water)

Thanks for your help Mach...pulled the trigger and booked tonight, yep a Cove...can't wait. 359 days to go. Funny I talked to the nicest Carnival rep and even showed her the site where you can put decks one on the other to see where things above or below you are...she was not aware of it and was happy to hear about it. She is cruising in Oct. and went on line to look at her location!

I can now to the happy dance, thanks again, Lydia

Thanks for your help Mach...pulled the trigger and booked tonight, yep a Cove...can't wait. 359 days to go. Funny I talked to the nicest Carnival rep and even showed her the site where you can put decks one on the other to see where things above or below you are...she was not aware of it and was happy to hear about it. She is cruising in Oct. and went on line to look at her location!

Good for you! I'm positive that you'll have a fantastic time!!!

:)

What's the website you speak of?

You must be on some cruise we are booked, we have a couple coves. First time with cove and looking forward to it. Maybe we'll be neighbors on the cruise. Can't wait.... :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Suntana, the website is cruisedeckplans dot com When you get there, pick Carnival and then your ship. At the screen look at the bottom of the page and you will see drag decks. A new screen will pop up with all the decks. You can then drag one deck over another and if you hold your right curser down, you can see kind of through the decks to see what is above or below you, way fun. Lydia

Boband sherry, indeed we are on the same cruise. I am big time excited...thing is I have only been home from one a few weeks ago and am ready to go again. I think the looking forward part is a lot of fun. I love to plan and check out deals. Be chatting with you soon, Lydia of Ohio

Suntana, the website is cruisedeckplans dot com When you get there, pick Carnival and then your ship. At the screen look at the bottom of the page and you will see drag decks. A new screen will pop up with all the decks. You can then drag one deck over another and if you hold your right curser down, you can see kind of through the decks to see what is above or below you, way fun. Lydia

Thanks for the website info. I noticed that each of the deck plans aren't to scale. When I drag over the lobby to main deck I noticed that the elevators don't align. It's a good reference but you'll need to adjust for the difference in the scale. Maybe you already noticed this but if not you may want to recheck. We have the galley above our rooms, hoping it's not too noisy early in the morning with breakfast.

Archived