RCI E-mail Replies...Sssllllooooooowwwww

Reltco

Anyone else experience this? I sent an e-mail on 12 Jan for a 23-30 Jan Mariner sailing asking a few questions about bridge tours and other things. I got a reply on 01 Feb saying that they were sorry for not getting back to me in time and hoped I enjoyed my cruise but no answers to my questions. I immediately sent a reply asking them what would the answers have been if I had received a "timely response"...

2 months and 18 days later (or yesterday) I got my answers.

Can anyone break this record?

Reltco

Funny you should ask this. I had sent an email back on Jan 31 about my August 22nd cruise on the Majesty & whether or not I would need a passport. This was way before all the hoopla of posts regarding future use of passports on cruises. Just so happened that they finally responded yesterday. I had totally forgotten what it was that I had asked them. At least they left my original question along with their response.

A quote from my response from RCCL.

"Passports will be required on all air & sea travel to & from the Caribbean, Bermuda & Central & South America beginning Dec 31st 2005."

Dyanna

In many markets, the benefit of focusing significant attention on email correspondance just isn't there. Sure, some of us like to engage a company with email, and some folks even think less of a company that doesn't provide a "superlatively interactive email correspondance experience", but the vast majority of customers in these markets either haven't the inclination to mess around with emailing a company or don't really care if a company doesn't focus so heavily on providing customer service via email. I believe that's the case in the mainstream cruise industry. If a company could have a significantly more profitable interaction with its customers by providing more timely email correspondance, one of the companies would do so, and the others would see the benefit that they themselves could yield as well, and would follow suit.

ha ha I emailed some questions (e.g., wanted to buy corsages and boutonierres for Valentine's dinner, wanted to see if I could bring on special occasion champagnes, etc.) in mid January for our Feb 13th cruise - just got an apology reply yesterday! I'm not sure whether I've broken your record because I don't know the exact date of my initial email (I clicked the link on the website), so we can call it a tie ;)

Wow. I have had much better luck. I sent an e-mail this week and got a next day's response re: times on my cruisetour. Other ones I have sent never took them longer than a few days to answer. Must be because I'm Canadian ;)

ha ha I emailed some questions (e.g., wanted to buy corsages and boutonierres for Valentine's dinner, wanted to see if I could bring on special occasion champagnes, etc.) in mid January for our Feb 13th cruise - just got an apology reply yesterday! I'm not sure whether I've broken your record because I don't know the exact date of my initial email (I clicked the link on the website), so we can call it a tie ;)

I should also note that they sent me four identical apology emails - what's up with that?? Surely I deserve some compensation??:D

I should also note that they sent me four identical apology emails - what's up with that?? Surely I deserve some compensation??:D

Compensation....yeah, me too. I want a free cruise! Surely I deserve it! (LOL of course)

Archived