Resort or Vista Deck on Solstice

CLGcruiser

If I'm not mistaken, the Vista deck is the 8th deck. That would be ideal, if you want a quiet location, with staterooms above and below, but high enough to get a decent view. I stayed in a S1 on the 7th deck on Solstice in January, and on a few days there was a loud humming noise that reverberated around the cabin. I haven't seen anyone else complain about this, so maybe it was an anomaly.

I would avoid the S1 on the 12th deck, since there is a public deck directly above and it might be noisy.

There are two S1's available on the Resort deck and one on the Vista. I've put a 24 hour hold on the Vista hoping to hear some positive remarks. I've heard about the noise issues on the Resort deck and the deal I was able to get for the Vista is just too good to pass up. Does everyone above look down onto your veranda? There is no overhang?

There is a small overhang that allows privacy when you are sitting. But if you stand near the rail, everyone can see you. The view is really spectacular, though. It's like watching the ocean through a wide-angle view camera. I enjoyed it a lot more than the Celebrity Suite balcony, which is much deeper but fully covered so you don't see nearly as much sky.

Archived