Parents, Please control your kids!!!!!

cruisin again

I am a parent myself and I find this incredibly funny...what would you do if this child mentioned before was YOURS...if you don't have children, it isn't your place to ask them another child what to do...Some parents think it is cute...listen...they had children for a reason, to enjoy them and like to be with them. .. .i know some parents enjoy making their child be well behaved, but some enjoy the fact that the child has a mind of its own:p

So are you saying an adult that doesn't have children has no place asking the parents and/or the child to behave?

Some parents think it's cute some don't. It's kind of like showing the baby pictures at work..."oh isn't my baby so cute"...when they know full well their baby looks like a Shar Pei.

I think they look like Sherpa's. Newborns...put one of those furry little hats on them. Still trying to figure out the qoute button. wish me luck

[ . It's kind of like showing the baby pictures at work..."oh isn't my baby so cute"...when they know full well their baby looks like a Shar Pei.

If they start to make a scene, we leave. They get in trouble, and we go on with our day. We have been on 3 cruises with kids and they have never set foot in the dining room. That is because I didn't think they could handle it. I wasn't about to ruin someones dinner. Room service is a wonderful thing. So is the buffet. l!!

We are cruising with a 4 year old and 3 yr olds in the fall. We intend on eating in the dining room with them, then again my boys can behave well in restaurants. We get compliments everywhere we go about their behavior. They know if they act up, they will not be going out to eat again for a very long time. They learned this lesson very young, and it has stuck with them. We went to Olive Garden with them on Saturday and the waitress was shocked at their behavior. They all sat and colored on their kids menus. Ate salad and breadsticks when it arrived, ate their meals, said please and thank you all the time, etc.

And if all else fails, there is always the buffet :)

Hello all

THis is my third attempt at the quote buttom. Corina, I need some help if you are still out there. I got to the specific post that I want to quote. I then click on the quote button. I type. I did that and it didn't do the cool blue box. It just said the line with (quote) after it. THis is very humbling. :rolleyes:

Hello all

THis is my third attempt at the quote buttom. Corina, I need some help if you are still out there. I got to the specific post that I want to quote. I then click on the quote button. I type. I did that and it didn't do the cool blue box. It just said the line with (quote) after it. THis is very humbling. :rolleyes:

I'm not corina...but....

on one end and this [ /QUOTE] on the other.

Hello all,

If you think I enjoy the time and patience that it takes to have a child with manners...you are crazy. I do it because it is my job. It is my job to raise a child that acts properly in certain situations. .

touché!!!!!!!!!!!

Parenting is a job..a full time, difficult and stressful job where you don't see the full reward for at LEAST 17 years.

Good for you for doing it well!!

We are cruising with a 4 year old and 3 yr olds in the fall. We intend on eating in the dining room with them, then again my boys can behave well in restaurants. We get compliments everywhere we go about their behavior.

That's awesome!!!!! :D

I try to always compliment parents of kids with good manners and good behavior. I know how difficult and thankless a job it can be at times and a parent loves getting feedback when their kids are good.

:( Hello, I am a mother of 3 kids (13,10,6) the two oldest are boys and the girl is 6) I am multicultural (Spanish-from Puerto Rico & Portuguese-From Brazil and Portugal) Their father is also from P.R. I say this because my kids have traveled more than most adults 3 times there ages and have never brought me any shame in their behavior. Your kids are a reflection of who you are as a parent and what you allow them to get away with. I understand that some culture may tolerate kids more than others, but make no mistake they are who you teach them to be. I know my kids to be very well behaved and would not put them in a situation where kids can not be kids (ie: take them to formal night on a cruise if they are not ready for that, or fancy restaurant). I swear that I've lived a McDonald's, but I cook alot so it's not to bad. I am taking them Saturday 4/23/05 on a cruise and they will be in the formal dinning room, very well dressed and behaved. I was a bit insulted by the fact that Latin people were being mislabeled. Just like you shouldn't say one culture always or never does something, it's not nice to make it a race thing. This is of course IMHO...:(

:( Hello, I am a mother of 3 kids (13,10,6) the two oldest are boys and the girl is 6) I am multicultural (Spanish-from Puerto Rico & Portuguese-From Brazil and Portugal) Their father is also from P.R. I say this because my kids have traveled more than most adults 3 times there ages and have never brought me any shame in their behavior. Your kids are a reflection of who you are as a parent and what you allow them to get away with. I understand that some culture may tolerate kids more than others, but make no mistake they are who you teach them to be. I know my kids to be very well behaved and would not put them in a situation where kids can not be kids (ie: take them to formal night on a cruise if they are not ready for that, or fancy restaurant). I swear that I've lived a McDonald's, but I cook alot so it's not to bad. I am taking them Saturday 4/23/05 on a cruise and they will be in the formal dinning room, very well dressed and behaved. I was a bit insulted by the fact that Latin people were being mislabeled. Just like you shouldn't say one culture always or never does something, it's not nice to make it a race thing. This is of course IMHO...:(

You are 100% right and I have NO idea why that was mentioned....It is NOT a race thing at all. American children are ill behaved for the most part and it's because of their lazy, weak parents, not their nationality.

:( . I was a bit insulted by the fact that Latin people were being mislabeled. Just like you shouldn't say one culture always or never does something, it's not nice to make it a race thing. This is of course IMHO...:(

I am so sorry!! I replied that I had never thought of that before. I honestly thought may be the American culture was more intolerant than other cultures. I will be the first to admit that I am culturally ignorant. Please except my apology. And thanks for being such a good parent. Take Care

American children are ill behaved for the most part and it's because of their lazy, weak parents

Aint that the truth. When I see kids acting as some have described here, sometimes I feel sorry for the kids. Sorry that they don't know any better. Sorry that they are growing up thinking their actions are acceptable. Sorry that they don't have parents that can teach them how to properly interact with others. Kids learn from watching - kinda makes ya wonder who they were watching... oh, wait, they were probably watching their parents.

That's awesome!!!!! :D

I try to always compliment parents of kids with good manners and good behavior. I know how difficult and thankless a job it can be at times and a parent loves getting feedback when their kids are good.

Thank you Halos!

It is the the best job in the world to me. My boys are a reflection of me (or that is how I feel). We will not be doing shore excursions, cause it would not interest them. The beach is more their speed (and we live on a beach in Florida to begin with). SO, we will cruise, enjoy ourselves, and go to the beach when in port :)

We will enjoy the pools on the ship (they are all fully potty trained, so no worries there). And they will behave on the ship just like they do when we are out now, or they will be in the cabin with Hubby or myself.

Aint that the truth. When I see kids acting as some have described here, sometimes I feel sorry for the kids. Sorry that they don't know any better. Sorry that they are growing up thinking their actions are acceptable. Sorry that they don't have parents that can teach them how to properly interact with others. Kids learn from watching - kinda makes ya wonder who they were watching... oh, wait, they were probably watching their parents.

now,isnt that scarey!!:eek:

The reality is everyone has different views on parenting....from Dr. Spock to a drill sargeant. I have always found that a polite comment to the child or his/her parent works best. Very rarely do they get offended.....now, "Would you keep that brat in his seat" might not be appreciated however a "I'm sorry but we, too, are trying to enjoy our meal could you keep your child from climbing on the booth." could go a long way into resolving a situation. Just my opinion.We have five, all grown or so they say...youngest a jr. in college, and each one presented different problems and had to be handled differently. I am the first to admit that my grandchildren, who are the light of my life, are downright brats and their mother (our daughter) is a lightweight when it comes to discipline so when it calls for it (temper tantrums) Grammie removes them.

I am a parent myself and I find this incredibly funny...what would you do if this child mentioned before was YOURS...if you don't have children, it isn't your place to ask them another child what to do...Some parents think it is cute...listen...they had children for a reason, to enjoy them and like to be with them. .. .i know some parents enjoy making their child be well behaved, but some enjoy the fact that the child has a mind of its own:p

I'd be mortified if someone approached me and said something about my kid. But then, I never allowed my kids to act like animals. They learned very early on that you behave while in public. They knew there would be consequences for bad behavior.

For those parents that think they are allowing their children to have a mind of their own...haha...I say good luck when the little monsters are old enough to be out of their sight! Paybacks are....well, you know.

I'd be mortified if someone approached me and said something about my kid. But then, I never allowed my kids to act like animals. They learned very early on that you behave while in public. They knew there would be consequences for bad behavior.

Not these days. Society dictates that we be nicey nicey. :rolleyes:

As the mother of four boys I am writing to assure you that most parents would not allow their child to behave as the little girl in the original post did. While we have always taken our children almost everywhere with us we have ALWAYS established ground rules and consequences. Now that we have a baby again who doesn't adhere to rules we know that we may not be able to do everything we want. Last year he was just turned one and went to most of the shows with us. He loved the lights and often fell asleep during the show. If he became fussy or antsy either hubby or myself often both took him and left to find something else to do. This time we're taking Grandma. Oh and this was on Carnival...Camp Carnival didn't open for him until 10:00pm and he couldn't settle in so they would page us to get him. As parents we have to remember that if our children aren't ploite and well behaved they should be removed from the situation, not that everyone needs to entertain the children because "they're just so cute". BS you wouldn't expect a stranger to pick up poop after your dog, don't expect them to do it after your kids.

For those parents that think they are allowing their children to have a mind of their own...haha...I say good luck when the little monsters are old enough to be out of their sight! Paybacks are....well, you know.

a child should be able to have a mind of its own WITHIN limits...in the first post of this thead, was the child bothering anyone??? if so then yes that would be a problem...all parents have visions on what is out of control and what is tollerable...the vision is based on their parents visions and their parents visions and so on, which in the end it is the first person who had a child's visions, and then mutations come and so on....

Society dictates that we be nicey nicey. :rolleyes:

Nicey nicey is overrated. Society started going down the sewer the day the bleeding-hearts succeeded in taking the razor strap out of the vice-principal's hands. :mad:

a child should be able to have a mind of its own WITHIN limits...in the first post of this thead, was the child bothering anyone??? if so then yes that would be a problem...all parents have visions on what is out of control and what is tollerable...the vision is based on their parents visions and their parents visions and so on, which in the end it is the first person who had a child's visions, and then mutations come and so on....

Yes, the child was bothering someone. And the parents were obvlious.

Nicey nicey is overrated. Society started going down the sewer the day the bleeding-hearts succeeded in taking the razor strap out of the vice-principal's hands. :mad:

Or at the very least allowing the teacher to remove the unruly child from the classroom. Nowadays, if they dare do something like that, they are met with lawsuits. Little Johnny/Janey can do whatever he/she wants, and get away with it. It's only when Little Johnny/Janie meets Mr. Law Enforcement, does it start to sink in that the little ones can't be pulled out of the fire by mommy or daddy.

Archived