Info on Spirit BA, BB... BE and why the price difference?

hzee

I'm already booked on the Spirit for 6/5 in a BE cabin. However, I cant't get a straight answer from my TA or NCL as to the difference between the Balcony units. BA,BB and BC rooms cost around $1400 for 2. A BE like my TA arranged cost around $2500. All I asked my TA for was a balcony and I ended up with a BE. Can anyone explain why there would be a $1000 difference in these balcony staterooms?

BTW, I'm not complaining. Just curious as to what's the difference.

BE and BF are normally the losest cost. The rates usually go up as you go to BC, BB, BA. I just looked at cruises for the Spirt in July on the NCL site and BE were about 200 pp less then BA.

Your 2500 for two is better then the 1600+ pp on the July cruises. You may be comparing your rate to a last minute sale of spare inventory. It is not unusual for any of ther cruise lines to sell last minute new bookings at a deep discount to fill the ship. If you want to move up to a bb or ba you could ask your TA to check on a free upgrade if there are open cabins. Keep in mind upgrades are not always better.

The 3 primary differences between the cabins is like real estate - location, location, location

Seaward 1/89,Southward II 1/91,Windward 10/93,
Norway 3/94,4/96
Dreamward 4/97
Dream 12/99
QE2 4/02
Carnival Spirit 7/02
NCL Sun 10/03
NCL Dawn 2/03,7/03,2/04

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;8;22;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]  Alaska Sun

Archived