Map Of Grand Cayman

Vale

Hi:

How long will you be docked in Grand Cayman? Due to Hurricane Ivan, many roads on the East End/North Side of the island were heavily damaged. I think you can travel on most of them by now but not 100% sure. If you are driving from George Town, it will take you between a half hour and fourty-five mintues depending on traffic and what route you plan on taking.

Where do you plan on renting the car from? Have you been to Cayman before?

Let me know and I'll do what I can to help you. I've been to Cayman several times and I have a 2001 map. All car rental agencies will have a map to give you.

FYI ~ Once you get out of George Town you have one main road that will take you all around the East End/North Side of the island. There's a cutover road to take you to the Queen Elizabeth II Botanic Park. That road is a short cut and will get you to Rum Point faster.

We've been to GC several times and did all the tour things plus 7 mile. This time we thought we'd like to go up to the North Side beaches and Rum Point. We were going to rent from Andys but Avis has a cruise ship special that includes permit and gas for not much more. We planned on taking the short cut. I guess there are not that many roads since we were to the library today and most of the maps are the same. No one mentioned about the roads due to the Hurricanes.Thank you!

Hi Vale:

I love Rum Point and that's one of my favorite places to visit when DH/I are in GC. Our timeshare is 20 minutes from RP and we spend a few days there. It's so relaxing and a nice place to get away from it all. I hope Thomas the cat is still there as well as Alpha the parrot.

The maps are pretty much all the same. In George Town, more roads were being constructed in 2001 due to so much traffic in that area. There are a few ways to get to the main roadway but once you are on the main road, you're fine. Very easy to get to.

Have a wonderful time and enjoy yourselves!

Archived