Sea Grape Beach - Any Reviews?

csquared

The beach is beautiful and the water is warm. There is a hut with drinks and food. Food is a little pricey, but hey you are on the beach in paradise. They offer water sport rentals... jet skis, water skiing, parasailing, snorkeling, kayak, scuba, etc. Chairs are $10 each with a beverage (soda, water). Umbrellas are extra. You can bring your own towel and sit for free. Sand slopes a bit to enter the water, but nothing to worry about. There are many taxis easily available to get there and return. $4 per person each way. Definitely a great beach and you can see the ships from your chair. Great photos.

I have put a link to some pictures below thanks to Babysam99. I do not have digital photos.

http://community.webshots.com/user/kimbo041562 (page 3)

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't crazy about sea grape. It was small, and crowded. esp. when you compare it to a bigger, friendlier, chairs-for-free beach like Paradise Beach in Cozumel. I would recommend NOT getting your hair braided at Sea Grape, btw.....not such a great experience for my daughter who's had it done much better in the past.

One wonderful thing at Sea Grape was the mahi sandwich. Delicious. But watch out, all the prices for food (and they are high to start with) are in Cayman dollars.....only at the very bottom of your bill do you suddenly see the price go up about 25% into US$$.

If I ever do western caribbean again, Grand Cayman day will be my day to stay on the ship. Thought Cozumel and Jamaica were much better, and prettier islands.

Was at SeaGrape last week... if you tell the taxi drivers "Sea Grape," they know exactly where to take you as it has become a popular spot. There were only 2 ships in port, Explorer & a Celebrity ship, and there were a lot of people there. We weren't planning to be there for long, so just used our towels to sit on. There is a little tent set up right next to the Sea Grape area where you can rent jet skis, banana boating, snorkel gear/trips, etc, but there were a lot of folks complaining because their jet skis weren't getting up to speed-- and the owners didn't seem concerned that the renter had just spent $65 for 30 minutes , most of which was spent to sputter back in. One man & his son went outside of the markers, and wow, did he get an unfriendly earful when he returned (he clearly misunderstood which markers- and the poor guy looked humiliated). Plenty of taxi (mini busses) lined up to take you back to the docks, but they don't go until they are filled.... and just went you think it's "filled" (maybe 40 people... 4 across, 10 rows?), there is a 5th seat that fills the middle row of the bus that pulls out.... so, if you leave during non-peak times, you might be sitting a while! This was our second trip to Grand Cayman... still my least favorite port. Pricey with minimal friendliness.

Archived