Shoes

TallinnGirl

That sounds like such a great cruise. That is the one I wanted to pick because it goes to both Hubbard Glacier and Glacier Bay and it doesn't go to Icy Strait Point. I've been there twice and that is enough.

This time to Alaska is my friend's trip and we are tagging along so she picked Celebrity's Millenium cause she likes Celebrity. I just wanted to go with them on their first trip to Alaska. The Millenium is getting solisticized or re-vamped in April so hopefully it will be real nice after that. We are sailing on June 22 southbound.

We look forward to your updating your story.

That sounds like such a great cruise. That is the one I wanted to pick because it goes to both Hubbard Glacier and Glacier Bay and it doesn't go to Icy Strait Point. I've been there twice and that is enough.

This time to Alaska is my friend's trip and we are tagging along so she picked Celebrity's Millenium cause she likes Celebrity. I just wanted to go with them on their first trip to Alaska. The Millenium is getting solisticized or re-vamped in April so hopefully it will be real nice after that. We are sailing on June 22 southbound.

We look forward to your updating your story.

my original reservations were on that exact voyage!!

but then i decided that a cruise going into both hubbard and glacier bay would be better for my mom, so i switched to princess...

the millenium is supposed to be really nice and after dry dock should be even nicer!! i'm sure you'll have a wonderful cruise, especially since you're going with friends!!!! how wonderful!! :)

Don't have to forgo the specialty restaurants, they are smart casual, so you are good to go ; -)

And hey, I am noting people saying they will bring sandals or flip flops or water shoes for the pool. Is is REALLY warm enough on an Alaskan cruise to swim???

Really???

IMO, no it's not, but the ship I'll be on has a covered pool which can be accessed without going outside.

It honestly depend on weather and sea condition. The indoor pool on my last cruise was ok to swim, except some days the sea gets rough enough that it is not safe to be inside said pool. BIG splish and splash of pool water due to ship movement, especially when in the Gulf of Alaska.

Don't have to forgo the specialty restaurants, they are smart casual, so you are good to go ; -)

And hey, I am noting people saying they will bring sandals or flip flops or water shoes for the pool. Is is REALLY warm enough on an Alaskan cruise to swim???

Really???

Archived