Did we make a mistake when booking our sky suites?

Jrlady

i just viewed some pictures of the sky suites location that we will be in on our upcoming cruise on the eclipse. We are a family of four (traveling with young adults (18 and 20)).

They are 2151 and 2153. From the picture it looks like there is an overhang from the deck above.

Has anyone ever had either of these cabins? Do they ever get any sun?

Any feedback (positive or negative) on either of these cabins is greatly appreciated.

Yes, there is an overhang there so you will have a fair amount of shade, but should get some sun. A Sky Suite on a lower deck would receive more sun - so if that is important you may want to change. Also some people in those staterooms have cautioned that at times there is noise from the bar above you.

We were on Solstice in one of these suites. There was no sun at anytime! Also, there was noise from the cafe above, it's 24/7.

The noise only bothered us a couple of times as when we're asleep nothing wakes us! We were told to call Guest Relations & they get it sorted, to be fair they did.

The noise is mainly the trolleys being dragged across the floor sounds, not people, talking or music but it can be noisy sometimes.

I would suggest 2151 (especially) and 2153 are 2 of the most requested SS rooms on the ship. 2151 has that great wrap around balcony and both are among the only set of SS aft balcony with privacy. You are right they probably do get less sun than the "open" aft balsony rooms in the aft section of the ship.

this series of pics is from 2151 and are pretty good

http://effli.wordpress.com/2011/07/10/celebrity-eclipse-summer-baltics-cruise/

You also get noise from above in the early hours of the morning when they pressure wash the deck, water and cigarette buts were on our balcony in the morning, we had to constantly ask our room Stuard to dry the balcony.

I would suggest 2151 (especially) and 2153 are 2 of the most requested SS rooms on the ship. 2151 has that great wrap around balcony and both are among the only set of SS aft balcony with privacy. You are right they probably do get less sun than the "open" aft balsony rooms in the aft section of the ship.

this series of pics is from 2151 and are pretty good

http://effli.wordpress.com/2011/07/10/celebrity-eclipse-summer-baltics-cruise/

Thank you so much!!! I looked at your pictures and they really made me feel good about our choice. :)

Hopefully the noise will not be an issue.

We booked this at a vacation expo a couple of months ago. I went expecting to book a cruise with RCCL and by the time we left, we had booked with Celebrity. We were able to get the SS for about the same price as what we would have paid for ocean view balconies on RCCL -- Plus we were offered $200 in OBC per cabin.

I leave tomorrow for Florida (business trip) and will meet up with the rest of my family next Friday for our 3/10 sailing.

Can't wait to experience this cruise. :D:D:D

Archived