Ping Pong paddles and balls

SnowCrocus

My son likes to play ping pong so much that we often bring our own paddles and balls along on vacation when we think there will be a ping pong table available but we are not sure if we'll be able to find paddles and balls. How do you get the paddles and balls? Is there ever a shortage? Thanks. We'll be on the Elation but I would imagine it is the same on all Carnival ships.

When we were on Elation last year, you had to go down by the main pool where they check out towels, ping pong and golf clubs and then walk back up to the ping pong tables. It was a little bit of a pain.

we were just on the Elation a couple of weeks ago. for us, there were always paddles and balls around. in between the two tables, hanging on the wall was a holder with plenty of paddles and balls. of course, some of the paddles were in better shape than the others.

dh likes his own too.

I think it depends on when you are cruising. At spring break and during the summer or any school holidays there will obviously be more kids onboard. We always took two paddles and a new package (about 6) balls with us. They went into the DS's backpack so that the balls wouldn't get squished. My DS said that lots of times he would see kids, being kids, hitting the balls over the side of the ship into the water. So, depending on when you are traveling I would definitely take my own equipment. Even if you are traveling when there might be less kids, if you have your own equipment, you can play when you want to even if the area where they keep the equiipment is closed or unmanned. My son would be playing at 10p sometimes because it wasn't crowded and he had his own equipment.

Have a great cruise!:D

One thing you and your DS may want to be aware of is that depending on the location of the ping pong table on the ship, it can be quite windy and greatly hamper your ability to play a decent game.

I also enjoy ping pong but usually never have any desire to play on a ship.

One thing you and your DS may want to be aware of is that depending on the location of the ping pong table on the ship, it can be quite windy and greatly hamper your ability to play a decent game.

I also enjoy ping pong but usually never have any desire to play on a ship.

the tables were set up in a great location and we had zero problems with wind despite rain and bad weather.

We brought our own set of paddles as some ships the towel stand did have to be open, then go return them. For many cruises we also brought a basketball that proved very popular way to make friends, when you show up with a ball.

Especially for younger kids like 12-16.

Archived