RCCL- Vacation = Ruined

If u took the time to READ my original post, you'd see that I dont hold them accountable for there being no hotels in New Orleans. As far as flight bookings etc -We paid RCCL to do that for us!!Im not upset that the flight was delayed (although why RCCL would deal with Continental is still a mystery to me) Im upset that they left us in Mexico unattended with nothing but a hotel name and a 'someone will call you'. Im upset that they didnt check with the ship, because WE COULD HAVE MADE IT!!..... Im upset that they delivered my Moms flowers and left them in the room to rot while we were playing trains, planes and automobiles getting to the ship. Anyhow, you go on being disgusted with me, we'll see when it happens on your family vacation. I dont think they OWE us anything more. They refunded our out of pockets. |The fact remains that IF they want us or my parents to sail with them again, They will offer something to entice us to do so. Its called business.

I feel the op has every right to be upset, based on the info we have been provided with.

I've never understood the money part, I mean if you can afford a cruise how can you not afford one extra night in a hotel or motel?

And if you're so financially fragile as to not afford the one night you probably should not be spending money on a cruise.

The time off part can be tricky though.

We do go down one day early before I get flamed. But that is because our crusie starts on a Sunday usually. It would be more difficult if we had to leave on a Friday for the early day. We are both self employed. So that would be one more day that we have to take off (unpaid or only partially paid). As a childcare provider my extra day off affects 7 other famillies.

Just a thought.

We do go down one day early before I get flamed. But that is because our crusie starts on a Sunday usually. It would be more difficult if we had to leave on a Friday for the early day. We are both self employed. So that would be one more day that we have to take off (unpaid or only partially paid). As a childcare provider my extra day off affects 7 other famillies.

Just a thought.

I to am a daycare provider and know how difficult and hard it is to disrupt other people and their employment with vacation/time off.

That being said I still take the day before if on a Saturday and the day after if Sunday departure. (I learned long ago that we can all be replaced no matter how great we are and how much we charge).

After our first cruise (now have 55 under my belt), I knew to go a day early, book everything myself and above all BUY insurance. If people risk the cost of a vacation it is their responsiblity to accept it. Although I agree that RCCL dropped the ball and left them hanging not sure what will or can be done to make them happy. So many "mistakes" and "huge gaps in service". Not sure I would ever sale with them again..if that were me. JFYI 35+ cruises with RCCL..D+ for 4 years already!! So I am a happy and satisfied customer, ready for my 4th Oasis cruise on the 11th of August..

Archived