First Cruise: Transfer and Birthday cake questions.

TakeAHike

49 days until our first cruise and I have a couple of questions. I booked the transfers through Carnival before I discovered CC and learned I would prefer to take a taxi. The Carnival website states transfers are non-refundable. I was hoping to cancel this arrangement in advance, and hoped for an on-board credit. Any experience with this? Any advice?

My daughter's birthday is the third day of our cruise. I would like to order a birthday cake, but do not see anywhere to specify which day I would like it. Is it possible to specify the date? I would love to order the stateroom birthday decorations, but again, it looks like it would be decorated when we arrive, and I would prefer it wait until her actual birthday. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

We did both on the Legend last year for my son's birthday. In his case, his special day landed on embarkation day, so I wanted to make sure that they were both set to go on the first day instead of later in the cruise.

If you call Bon Voyage and order via phone with a live rep, you can specify which day you want the cake (ours was delivered at dinner-- don't know if you can have it sent to your cabin instead. We did take it back to the cabin after dinner since the kids had already ordered dessert and we didn't want to spoil the surprise ahead of time!) I don't know if they can do the decorations at a different day during the cruise or only when they are first setting up the cabin prior to embarkation, but they would be able to tell you and you'll know it is in the system right vs trying to do it in a comments section on an online order.

A good steward and a nice tip, I'm thinking $20-25, and your steward may be able to decorate your cabin during the cruise. I think if you brought the decorations and ask nicely they may help you spring the surprise. A little extra cash can accomplish a lot of things.

Archived