Eclipse exotic Caribbean 14 night cruise?

Newbi

Hi everyone, we are a family considering a fist time cruise to the caribbean (first cruise ever). My prarents (in their 60's), my husband and me and our 15 month old daughter.

all the stops is just as important as the cruise itself to us. can anybody give us feedback please!!!

How do we know if our booking agency is legit?

Why take cruise insurance? As a traveler from abroad is usual travel insurance enough?

If your child is sleeping in the pram- can you attend shows?

Sorry for alllllll the questions.

We took a similar itinerary on the Constellation last year and it was a fantastic cruise. We've already booked the Eclipse for next year. The 14 night cruises give a great mix of sea days and the nice southern Caribbean islands which are too distant to reach from Ft. Lauderdale on 7 to 10 day cruise.

If you have concerns about your travel agent then I'd either just book direct through the cruise line or investigate them the same as you might investigate any other business. In general, if their price sounds too good to be true, compared to the cruise line's direct price, I'd consider that a red flag.

There are a lot of threads about cruise insurance. The main benefits are refund of non-refundable costs if you cancel for a covered reason, coverage of medical costs (inducing transportation) if you become ill or injured while traveling, and assistance should your trip be delayed or interrupted. If money and extra costs are no problem for you then it might not be worth bothering with, but if you couldn't handle the financial risks of these occurrences then buy the insurance.

The cruise line does offer some baby sitting services but there are restrictions and limits that I'm not familiar with. You'll do best asking the cruise line or posting about that specifically.

Archived