Cruising Solo?

I am feeling the need to "get out of town" aboard a cruise ship (5-7 days) this summer (both my sister and mother passed away within the last 4 months and I'm about to go crazy handling all of their personal affairs!). I haven't been able to get any of my friends interested in going, so I will more than likely end up booking as a single.

Is there a way to book a cruise as a solo cruiser that won't cost me an arm and a leg?

NCL Sunward 1995
Premier (Big Red Boat) 1998
Sovereign of the Seas 2000
Fascination 2001
Carnival Spirit 2002
Carnival Conquest 2003
Fascination 2003
Enchantment of the Seas 2003

I have sailed 3 solo cruises. I went on a "guaranteed share". The cruise line will try to find a roommate for you. Same sex, smoking preference etc. On all 3 occasions my roommate was nice but we usually found our own friends and went our own way. I always am early seating and they were late so that dictated a lot of the differences. I would do it again in a heart beat.

This page is currently showing a "Bargain Cruise" to Bermuda, for $99 + port charges and taxes, if you are able to cruise on short notice. Apparantly you can cruise solo at that rate!!

Tom/Connecticut

Cruiser@heart, I am so very sorry about your losses. What a tough time you must be having.

I have gone on two cruises alone. Each time I booked a guaranteed inside or outside cabin and was charged 150% of the fare. Each time I got absolutely great cabins. And if you are as lucky as I was, as soon as people find out you are alone, you will have to fight for time to be alone!

Go for it. You deserve it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> This page is currently showing a "Bargain Cruise" to Bermuda, for $99 + port charges and taxes, if you are able to cruise on short notice. Apparantly you can cruise solo at that rate!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Check it out.

[img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_4_100.gif[/img] [img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_5_127.gif[/img] [img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_3_110.gif[/img]

I am in much the same boat as you. In the last 13 months my MIL, hubby, moher and 2 uncles have passed away. However, there is no way I can afford to cruise /o a cabin mate with the surcharges involved.

Which line offers roommate match-ups?

Holly

M/S Boheme 11/69
Rhapsody 2/77?
Azure Sea 3/89
Panama Canal 11/90
Mexican Riviera 3/98
Carnival Triumph 12/99
Carnival Spirit 12/01
NCL Dream 11/17/02
Celebrity Mercury 6/1/03
carnival Victory 3/28/04