Which Price do they use?

For ES price drops..

Example..

My cabin rate was $659 per person..

but we added midship..

and added Lido..

So at the end of the booking it said "Average price per person $719"

If I am looking at price drops..

Do I use the $659 or the $719 to compare to?

ok so to see if the price HAD actually dropped.. I would go through and maybe do a mock booking?

You can do it that way, or use this link.... http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

This site shows available rates and is the total cost per cabin before taxes.

The 719 X 2 = 1438.00 is what you have to match to.

Edit, Just call me slow poke!!!

Does everyone normally see a price drop or does it rarely happen? I've been checking every morning and evening... should I just check it once daily? Right now, the FareViewer show $20 more than what we're paying, but we still have quite a while before our cruise. Sure would be nice to see some kind of drop. :p

~Kim~

For ES price drops..

Example..

My cabin rate was $659 per person..

but we added midship..

and added Lido..

So at the end of the booking it said "Average price per person $719"

If I am looking at price drops..

Do I use the $659 or the $719 to compare to?

In you Confermation email look and see what CATEGORY you are booked. Then scroll down the email and CRUISE RATE is the price they use in the link others have put on here.:)

Does everyone normally see a price drop or does it rarely happen? I've been checking every morning and evening... should I just check it once daily? Right now, the FareViewer show $20 more than what we're paying, but we still have quite a while before our cruise. Sure would be nice to see some kind of drop. :p

~Kim~

Normally yes, we see/get some good price drops. But usually once you're closer to sailing when they need to get those rooms sold. The one we have booked several months out has done nothing but go up. I'm kind of wondering if the price of fuel will affect the prices, and we won't see as many drops.

We booked ES 6 months ahead. The price kept going up until about 70 days out and then the rates for the categories above me started going down so I upgraded. Then my new category dropped in price a few days later. At 65 days to go I have gotten one $60 credit. I check once or twice a day.

Normally yes, we see/get some good price drops. But usually once you're closer to sailing when they need to get those rooms sold. The one we have booked several months out has done nothing but go up. I'm kind of wondering if the price of fuel will affect the prices, and we won't see as many drops.

I'll just keep checking... with my luck they'd have a 1 day special where the price would drop and I'd miss it. We're still making payments, so a reduction in the balance would be great... but if a price drop happens after final payment, an OBC would be very nice as well.

~Kim~

We booked ES 6 months ahead. The price kept going up until about 70 days out and then the rates for the categories above me started going down so I upgraded. Then my new category dropped in price a few days later. At 65 days to go I have gotten one $60 credit. I check once or twice a day.

Good to know. I'll continue checking twice daily then. My sis thinks I'm crazy to keep checking like I do... she doesn't check at all. She bragged about being able to afford a better room (she's 6C while I'm 4C), but if I can get a discount or OBC, maybe I can rub it in her face a bit. :D Geez, you'd think we were still teens instead of mid 30's :p

~Kim~

Good to know. I'll continue checking twice daily then. My sis thinks I'm crazy to keep checking like I do... she doesn't check at all. She bragged about being able to afford a better room (she's 6C while I'm 4C), but if I can get a discount or OBC, maybe I can rub it in her face a bit. :D Geez, you'd think we were still teens instead of mid 30's :p

~Kim~

For little or no extra money, you have a good chance of being able to upgrade!

If the price of a higher cabin is less then I paid for my cabin and I booked ES, do I have a chance to get onboard credit? It is 60.00 per room cheaper and I have already received 160.00 obc for price drops so another $60 would be great.

For little or no extra money, you have a good chance of being able to upgrade!

There will be 9 people in 3 rooms for our group, so we would want to stay on the same deck together (choose main deck for a little extra $) and I would prefer to stay mid-ship, but if I could upgrade to an OV for little or no money, that would be great.

~Kim~

If the price of a higher cabin is less then I paid for my cabin and I booked ES, do I have a chance to get onboard credit? It is 60.00 per room cheaper and I have already received 160.00 obc for price drops so another $60 would be great.

You can only get the price drop for the category you are currently in. If you are interested in upgrading, I would call the 800# and ask them if you did upgrade, do you get to keep all your obc...and get more since the new category is even less $. Make any sense?

There will be 9 people in 3 rooms for our group, so we would want to stay on the same deck together (choose main deck for a little extra $) and I would prefer to stay mid-ship, but if I could upgrade to an OV for little or no money, that would be great.

~Kim~

So as soon as you see the OV drop down to what you paid, call and see if they have 3 rooms available on the same deck. I had to wait on the phone for about 10-15 mins but it was worth it.

So as soon as you see the OV drop down to what you paid, call and see if they have 3 rooms available on the same deck. I had to wait on the phone for about 10-15 mins but it was worth it.

Thanks for the advice! :D

~Kim~

Archived