Just returned from MAJESTY & DAWN---YOU GOT QUESTIONS-WE HAVE ANSWERS!

debjo

Debjo,

Thanks so much for your exhaustive reply. Have you ever thought of being a travel writer? In all seriousness, I think you have a gift for it.

After reading about all the places we could visit, I think it might be best to save Bermuda until our girls (they are 2 and 4 at the moment) are a bit older. While they are not "Disney kids" as we have never been to DisneyWorld, I think getting around Bermuda (public bus, etc) will be easier in a couple of years. I think they will appreciate the history and beauty of this island.

Thanks for taking the time to reply and sharing so much of yourself in your posts.

Shirley

cruising-courtesy-kindness

3-Night Anniversary Cruise on Majesty of the Seas . . . January 7, 2005

Family spring break cruise on the Dawn . . . April 17, 2005

NCL Majesty 11/98

CCL Ecstasy 1/01

CCL Fascination 11/01

CCL Fascination 4/03

RCI Majesty of the Seas 8/03

CCL Imagination 12/03

CCL Fascination 5/04

For shirleygr...

Thank you for your kind words. I always wonder if my verbose way of writing is a burden to some. I just seem to write like I speak and I guess I have a lot to say!

I never thought of being a Travel Writer, although I did take some journalism courses long, long ago. It is funny, my husband and I were just thinking on our last cruise about what type of "jobs" we could get with the cruise lines so we "could have our cake and eat it too"! All we could imagine is being "Secret Cruisers" similar to the "Secret Shoppers" they have in Disneyland. They are those people who wander around the park dressed incognito as tourists who observe whether or not the Disneyland employees are properly attired, polite to the tourists, conduct sales transactions on a timely basis, etc. If we knew where we could submit our resumes to apply for such a job on the cruise ships, we could be gainfully employeed and enjoy a vacation all at the same time! In the meantime, we'll just have to work to pay off our last two cruises and save money for next year's adventure on the high seas!

I'm glad that my observations and experiences have helped in your decision making process regarding the MAJESTY to Bermuda. I'm sure that you'll enjoy sailing on the DAWN out of New York City and going to Port Canaveral, Miami, and Nassau. There are wonderful excursions in Port Canaveral going to Disneyworld, Kennedy Space Center and attractions that would be more in line with the fantasies of the younger ones. In Nassau, everyone with young children raved about the "Splish, Splash with Cookie" excursion at the Atlantis resort (if I'm remembering correctly). Since, you live in CT, New York City will be an easy port for you to get in and out of.

Debjo icon_cool.gif

Boatwht.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500   Until the NORWEGIAN DAWN 2004 (Can't Hardly Wait But Still Wishing I Was Going On The NORWAY Instead!)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  NORWEGIAN MAJESTY 2004 Bermuda Bound Again!

QE2-Bermuda 2003

PACIFIC PRINCESS-Bermuda 2002

REGAL EMPRESS-New England/Canada 2001

Thank you so much for your information it was so helpful. And...thanks about the water from the tap, I wasn't sure about that at all. We don't really drink either, but once in a while I like the frozen drinks and my 11 year old loves the virgin type.

We are going from NYC on the Dawn, Aug. 29th (the labor day cruise), for our son's birthday, I know it will be crazy in NYC, but we are used to it.

Thanks again...

Donna

icon_smile.gif

debjo,

I owe you a milllion thanks. You have set my mind at ease regarding our cabin choice. We are booked in a sup ins cabin and were wondering if it was the wrong choice. After reading your comments above, I now feel more comfortable with our choice. Thank you. As you know I am thinking of calling for an outside upgrade but maybe I will not afterall. SO, question of the day...what did you see when you peeked inside the sup ins cabins on deck 4? Is the whole back wall a mirror? Were they really that much bigger than the outside cabins?

Also, one more question, when someone is sleeping on fold-down beds (we have two kids on them), how do they get down in the middle of night or morning? I can't see any ladders in the pictures. The stuff we think of, huh?

Well, if you can answer these that would be great.

Now that you are back, any plans for another cruise in the works?

Patti icon_wink.gif

Bermuda Bound!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;8;8;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

For elwin1942 (Donna)...

Just a bit more advice, since you like the "frozen non-alcoholic" concoctions as we do...when we were on the MAJESTY and attending the 1970's Night Party in the Frame 52 Disco we were constantly being asked if we wanted a "drink" by many waiters (but never the same one twice). Finally, I looked at the beverage menu and found a Non-Alcoholic page with a Pina Colada Slush. Since it was quite loud and noisy with the 1970's music and reverie, I opened the beverage menu, pointed to the drink selection, and verbally asked the waitress for the "Non-Alcoholic Pina Colada Slush". I had enjoyed one that I had on the DAWN last month, so opted to go that route again. The cost of my selection was $2.00. When the waitress arrived back with a "pink plastic souvenir glass" with "drink", I chided myself for not having stated I wanted a regular glass...no need to pay the "extra" money for the "souvenir" glass! My tab came to $7.95 plus 15% gratuity. Well, I took one long slurp through the straw and couldn't stand what I tasted. Took another brief sip and realized that it wasn't the "non-alcoholic" drink I ordered it was the "alcoholic" version. I had my husband sample it and he agreed with my findings. The next waiter that came along, got to hear my "tale" and had me pull out my receipt so he could get the original waitress. She promptly came along, took the "bad" drink, replaced it with the "correct" one (albeit a much, much smaller one that I had on the DAWN), and corrected my charges.

So make sure that you STRESS that you want the "non-alcoholic" drink when you order it (and in a regular glass if you don't want to pay extra for the souvenir glass). After all, you don't want your 11 year old son to get one of the "alcoholic" versions!

Have a terrific Labor Day Cruise for your son's birthday...don't forget to let NCL know about the birthday...they will set you up with a free birthday cake for your son and "sing" to him on the night of your choice!

Debjo icon_wink.gif

Boatwht.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500   Until the NORWEGIAN DAWN 2004 (Can't Hardly Wait But Still Wishing I Was Going On The NORWAY Instead!)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  NORWEGIAN MAJESTY 2004 Bermuda Bound Again!

QE2-Bermuda 2003

wow what a review you really need to post this review for all new cruisers to see. You did such an awesome job I was thrilled to read your reply to my questions. I thank you so much. I am so glad you and your family had a wonderful cruise. I have cruised this same ship with my family a number of times and always had a great time. You have answered all my questions and I am so looking forward to leaving the 13th of June on the Majesty with my husband and 3 kids.

Thanks again and really you should post this review on the review board.

Thank you again, Debjo.

I'm hoping NY will be an easy port for us, although my mother-in-law, who lives in FL is already complaining about us not cruising out of Miami, so she doesn't get to see the kids. We usually fly into West Palm a couple of days before the cruise so we can visit. This has also restricted the length of our cruise to no more than 5 days because we can get away from work and school only for so long. This cruise on the Dawn will be our first 7 day cruise and we are all looking forward to spending a decent amount of time on the ship. This will also be our first balcony cabin as well as our first new ship. We are really excited and hoping the time doesn't drag by too slowly! icon_eek.gif

M-I-L is going to meet us for our port day in Miami, so I don't think we'll get to do that "splish splash with cookie" at the fountainbleu resort unfortunately. I think everyone would have enjoyed it. Oh, well, maybe another time. I appreciate all your advice and observations. I hope your next cruise is wonderful!

Shirley

cruising-courtesy-kindness

3-Night Anniversary Cruise on Majesty of the Seas . . . January 7, 2005

Family spring break cruise on the Dawn . . . April 17, 2005

NCL Majesty 11/98

CCL Ecstasy 1/01

CCL Fascination 11/01

CCL Fascination 4/03

RCI Majesty of the Seas 8/03

CCL Imagination 12/03

CCL Fascination 5/04

Can you let me know what time the shows were at night and if they had two shows each night on the Dawn. Also if many people got dressed up on formal night which i believe is Monday night

Thank you.

Debjo,

Thanks for the lengthly response and the compliments in your post to me. The response was very inciteful and I am still debating whether I should choose the crown or majesty if I decide to go to Bermuda. Also, I apologize for taking so long to respond. With the boards being down for the upgrade, I have been off CruiseCritic for several days. Once again, thanks for the valuable information.

Sincerely,

JC

Celebrity Constellation December 27, 2003

Celebrity Galaxy June 30, 2003

NCL Dawn Dec 21, 2002

Celebrity Millenium 7/18/01

Grand Princess 2000

Royal Princess 1999

Other Cruises:

Carnival: Holiday, Jubilee (2 times), Celebration, Fantasy, Ectasy

Celebrity: Meridian

Dolphin Cruises: Island Breeze

Holland America: Westerdam

NCL: Dreamward (Pre-stretch), Norway, Southward, Norwegian Majesty(when owned by Majesty Cruise lines)

RCCL: Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas

Several others can't remember

Carnival Destiny Spring Break Cruise 2/29/04

For babyof8...

Boy am I glad that the Cruise Critic Board is now fully functional again...I was suffering from withdrawl the past few days!

Thank you for your kind comments are "request" for a "review". I always "intend" to write a review when I return from a cruise, but my long-winded writing style and my limited computer time makes it easier to field questions from other Cruise Critic members. By the time I get around to drafting an actual "review", the timeliness of the information may be out-of-date. I appreciate your "request" and may still get around to writing those "reviews", but keep in mind that I haven't even printed my digital pictures from our 2002 cruise on the Pacific Princess yet...and now the ship is not longer part of the Princess fleet.icon_eek.gif So you see, I'm quite "behind" in my "cruise work".icon_wink.gif

I hope you have a great time on your fast approaching cruise. If you've any more questions...just fire away. I'm sure I've more answers in my bag of cruise memories! icon_biggrin.gif

HAPPY SAILING!

Debjo

Boatwht.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Until the NORWEGIAN DAWN 2004 (Can't Hardly Wait But Still Wishing I Was Going On The NORWAY Instead!)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 NORWEGIAN MAJESTY 2004 Bermuda Bound Again!

QE2-Bermuda 2003

For Chief Officer...

The MASTER of the DAWN was Captain Idar Hoydal with Per Ivar Hoydal being the STAFF CAPTAIN.

The MASTER of the MAJESTY was Captain Paul Von Knorring whose STAFF CAPTAIN was Bjoern Ove Hansen.

We found both CAPTAINS to be very amiable and interesting men in addition to their official duties of running the ship!

Captain Hoydal (M/S NORWEGIAN DAWN) granted our unspoken wish when he made the decision to change our originally scheduled "full" day on Thursday at Great Stirrup Cay to a "full" day at Nassau to grant us better weather. This made our scheduled "half" day for Friday at Nassau a "half" day at Great Stirrup Cay. While I know that the "beach-loving" passengers were perhaps not satisfied with this change of itinerary, my husband and I really appreciated having the "full" day to explore Nassau and better experience the Bahamas. A half day just doesn't allow that!

Our cruise on the NORWEGIAN MAJESTY encountered some bad weather coming back from Bermuda. Thunderstorms and high seas awoke us in the middle of the night on Friday. Captain Von Knorring expertly guided the ship around the outskirts of that weather, so we were only really burdened with the high seas. In actuality, my husband and I truly enjoyed the "rollercoaster" ride through the waves. "Walking" around the seemingly desserted ship at 3:00 am experiencing the rise and fall of the MAJESTY was exilerating. We were so glad that we had booked a cabin in the bow of the ship, as we got the FULL experience of the "motion of the ocean", without being worried about a storm. Captain Von Knorring kept the ship away from the rains, so we were able to "walk" out on the open decks...what an experience! icon_biggrin.gif Being a bit concerned with the first-time cruisers and the elderly members of our "group", we wandered the decks where their cabins were (aft on deck 4 and on deck 7 midship). We were pleased to find our "walk" through these areas wasn't too difficult. In fact our "midship" family wasn't even disturbed by the seas and slept through the entire experience!

Debjo

Boatwht.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Until the NORWEGIAN DAWN 2004 (Can't Hardly Wait But Still Wishing I Was Going On The NORWAY Instead!)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 NORWEGIAN MAJESTY 2004 Bermuda Bound Again!

QE2-Bermuda 2003

For Chief Officer...

The MASTER of the DAWN was Captain Idar Hoydal with Per Ivar Hoydal being the STAFF CAPTAIN.

The MASTER of the MAJESTY was Captain Paul Von Knorring whose STAFF CAPTAIN was Bjoern Ove Hansen.

We found both CAPTAINS to be very amiable and interesting men in addition to their official duties of running the ship!

Captain Hoydal (M/S NORWEGIAN DAWN) granted our unspoken wish when he made the decision to change our originally scheduled "full" day on Thursday at Great Stirrup Cay to a "full" day at Nassau to grant us better weather. This made our scheduled "half" day for Friday at Nassau a "half" day at Great Stirrup Cay. While I know that the "beach-loving" passengers were perhaps not satisfied with this change of itinerary, my husband and I really appreciated having the "full" day to explore Nassau and better experience the Bahamas. A half day just doesn't allow that!

Our cruise on the NORWEGIAN MAJESTY encountered some bad weather coming back from Bermuda. Thunderstorms and high seas awoke us in the middle of the night on Friday. Captain Von Knorring expertly guided the ship around the outskirts of that weather, so we were only really burdened with the high seas. In actuality, my husband and I truly enjoyed the "rollercoaster" ride through the waves. "Walking" around the seemingly desserted ship at 3:00 am experiencing the rise and fall of the MAJESTY was exilerating. We were so glad that we had booked a cabin in the bow of the ship, as we got the FULL experience of the "motion of the ocean", without being worried about a storm. Captain Von Knorring kept the ship away from the rains, so we were able to "walk" out on the open decks...what an experience! icon_biggrin.gif Being a bit concerned with the first-time cruisers and the elderly members of our "group", we wandered the decks where their cabins were (aft on deck 4 and on deck 7 midship). We were pleased to find our "walk" through these areas wasn't too difficult. In fact our "midship" family wasn't even disturbed by the seas and slept through the entire experience!

Debjo icon_cool.gif

For shirleygr...

You're going to love having a 7 day cruise in addition to having a balcony. There is nothing comparible to leaving your balcony door open on a moonlit night and hearing the waves lap against the hull of the ship. The smell of the ocean coupled with the gentle sway of the seas and the soft breezes really lulls you into a good night's sleep. The only thing better was when you were a baby being rocked into slumberland.

As you've probably already read on one of my previous postings to Cruise Critic, the DAWN was our first "new" ship as well. We weren't sure we were going to like sailing on a "new" vessel, since many people have described them as being floating shoe-box hotels. We found our experience on the DAWN to be a feast for the eyes. Not only was she a pleasantly colorful delight externally, especially against the grays of New York City's overcast skies (on our departure day), passenger pier terminal and Hudson waterway; the DAWN's interior designers had a new experience for us to encounter at every turn we made on her interior public decks. She truly is a work of art inside and out!

I hope time doesn't drag by too slowly while you await your departure...but I do hope that time will stand still while you are on the DAWN and you will be able to savor every moment of it! You are really going to appreciate your "at sea days" and exploring the ship.

Debjo icon_biggrin.gif

Boatwht.gif

QE2-Bermuda 2003

For Everyone...

Sorry about the double posting in my reply to CHIEF OFFICER...don't know what happened that caused the duplicate entry...I'm "long-winded" enough and the extra reply to his inquiry just made this thread even longer! Again, my apologies...I tried to "delete" the second posting, but the Cruise Critic site wouldn't allow me to do that.

icon_confused.gifDebjo

FOR 630pub...

In looking back through my "FREESTYLE DAILY" papers from the DAWN, the Sunday "Welcome Aboard Show" was at 8:00 & 10:00 pm; Monday's "Music of the Night" show was at 7:45 & 9:45 pm; Tuesday's "Comedy Showtime" was scheduled for 8:00 & 10:00 pm; Wednesday's "South Beach Rave" played at 7:45 & 9:45 pm; the evening entertainment on Thursday was a Magic Act by the Gleasons at 7:45 & 9:45 pm; "Bollywood" on Friday was 7:45 & 9:45 pm also; the final evening of the cruise (Saturday) had only one show-singing by Eric Reid and the comedy juggler Steve Patient at 7:45 pm.

Monday night (the first full day of the cruise) was scheduled as FORMAL NIGHT on our trip. It was also the evening to have your formal picture taken with the Captain. Since the ship's paper stated that it was "Optional Formal", we noticed a little bit of everything as far as passenger attire that night. Since everyone traveling in our "group" had been on other cruises, we all had "formal" gowns & tuxes and wore them this evening. We figured we had them...why not use them. Most of the people who desired to have their pictures taken with the Captain donned formal attire. It appeared that more people were more "dressed" before and during dinner than after dinner for the evening's entertainment. Most likely, they changed their clothes to be more comfortable after they dined. Folks that dined in the fancier dining rooms that evening reflected better attire. Many people (mostly those who preferred to enjoy the pool and on-deck festivities) remained in their day-time clothes and ate at the buffet and Blue Lagoon. So, all in all, the choice is up to you...that is what "Freestyle" is all about! The style of clothing on "formal" night really depended on where you ate and what evening entertainment you participated in. Of course, even for those people who did not want to get all gussied up but still wanted to eat in the "main" restaurants, they still had to adhere to the dining room's evening requirements of NO bathing suits, tank tops, t-shirts, shorts, or jeans.

Hope this answers your questions.

Debjo icon_biggrin.gif

Boatwht.gif

QE2-Bermuda 2003

[B]For Joe1690...[/B]
Hello again Joe...I know what you mean about the boards being "locked down" for a couple days. I went through withdrawl!

Keep doing your research. I can't tell you much about the CROWN, except that we did see her externally, when she was docked along with us in St. Georges for a couple days and then went to Hamilton. She was badly in need of some paint on the outside...even her name on the bow was hard to read. I had read on some other boards that people have not been too happy with their experiences on that ship, but recently, some were extolling her virtues...so who knows what the truth is!

Probably what would weigh more in your decision making process is the cruise cost between the two ships, the ease of getting to the departure point (depending on where you live in NJ-a NYC or Philadelphia departure would be to your advantage over Boston), and whether or not you would like to be only docked in St. Georges or prefer to share your dockage in Bermuda between St. Georges and Hamilton.

As far as the difference between the ships...the CROWN was built in 1988 as the "Crown Odyssey" for Royal Cruise Lines. She became part of the Norwegian fleet the next year, when NCL bought Royal Cruise Lines, but wasn't named the NORWEGIAN CROWN until 1996. The MAJESTY was completed in 1992 for the Majesty Cruise Line as the "Royal Majesty". She was transferred to the NCL fleet in 1997 as the NORWEGIAN MAJESTY and lengthened by over 100 feet. So the MAJESTY is about 54' longer than the CROWN and carries more passengers. (Which you are already aware of, since you have previously sailed on the MAJESTY when owned by Majesty Cruise Line.) The crew to passenger ratio is a bit higher on the CROWN than the MAJESTY if that makes a difference to you. The CROWN's cruise fares seem to be a bit lower than the MAJESTY's (at least they were for our cruise...but then again, we had to sail out of Boston to accommodate more family members on the same ship). All in all, keep comparing the "apples to oranges" and watching the reviews/comments on both ships and I'm sure you'll gather enough information to make your choice. Remember any cruise to Bermuda is better than no cruise at all! Best of luck to you! I know with your past cruise experiences, you'll make the best decision for your trip on the high seas! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Debjo

[img]http://www.cruisemates.com/animated/Boatwht.gif[/img]
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]   Until the NORWEGIAN DAWN 2004 (Can't Hardly Wait But Still Wishing I Was Going On The NORWAY Instead!)

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]  NORWEGIAN MAJESTY 2004 Bermuda Bound Again!

QE2-Bermuda 2003

Thanks for the info re: formal night on the DAWN. The "Monday" of our cruise will be our wedding anniversary and I was looking forward to the "formal" evening. I believe I scheduled our "anniversary package" dinner at Le Bistro for that evening. I don't think my DH will bring a tux, but he'll wear a nice suit to wear. I can't wait til our cruise - Sept. 12 - 19th.
Seems so long away, but time is moving quickly. It'll be here before I know it.

Thanks for all the info.

Gloria

[B]For DivaG (Gloria)...[/B]
Glad I could be of help to you...fielding everyone's inquiries helps to "keep the cruises alive" for me.

It is so nice when things fall into place like having formal night be on your anniversary. When we booked our 2004 DAWN cruise back in 2003, little did we know that the weekend of our departure was also going to be the weekend when Cunard's Queen Mary 2 would be making it's inaugural cruise from New York City. In addition, Cunard's Queen Elizabeth 2 was also in port that day making her final transatlantic voyage from NYC. We couldn't have "planned" that better if we had tried. We truly felt blessed by the coincidence of that occassion and our DAWN departure.

If you have any more question, I'm happy to answer them...otherwise, have a marvelous cruise in September and a very special anniversary celebration!

Debjo [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]  Until the NORWEGIAN DAWN 2004 (Can't Hardly Wait But Still Wishing I Was Going On The NORWAY Instead!)

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img] NORWEGIAN MAJESTY 2004 Bermuda Bound Again!

QE2-Bermuda 2003

Debjo - thank you very much.

You're right, we're fortunate that the formal night coincides with our anniversary. My DH's birthday is the week before - so we'll get a bit dressed up and have a good time. Who cares if alot of folks aren't dressed up. We're not getting dressed up for them - we're getting dressed up for us. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

My DH "thought" I was becoming obsessed - he was RIGHT!!! I visit these boards every day just so I don't miss anything. The tips, recommendations, suggestions, helpful hints, gripes, etc. have been a wonderful source of information for me. I have collected "stuff I MUST bring with me", pictures, layout of the DAWN, past "dailies", menus, reviews, etc. Now DH isn't laughing at me anymore. Now he wants to know what did I find out today. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I know we won't be able to do everything - but ... I know we're going to have a fabulous time. With the right attitude, I believe all things are possible. I'm hoping to be able to write a "substantial" review when we get back. I'll leave little notes for myself so I don't forget anything. LOL

Gloria

Hi Debjo!
Was wondering if you could answer a few more questions. This is about the Majesty.

Would you remember which night they had the lobster tails in the regular dining rooms? Don't want to miss that.

And you wrote that you took the Horse and Buggy ride that NCL offered? I was wondering if there was a good time to take it? Do you see a lot in the hour they listed for the excursion? My M-I-L loves horses and would love to go on it. Also, there are 6 adults in our group and was wondering how big the carriages are?

Any info you have would be much appreciated. Thanks!

UNTIL the MAJESTY to BERMUDA !
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;7;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

[B]For DivaG (Gloria)...[/B]
You are very welcome. Rest assured...you are not alone...my DH "knows" I'm obsessed with gathering cruise information. Nothing beats cruise preparation information like these Cruise Critic Boards.

Two pieces of paper that I prepare for myself, and keep with me always on the cruise are:
1. Make an enlarged color version of the deck plans from the brochure (at a local copy center) in order to jot down pertinent things you learn from these message boards such as where to find what, what places on the ship to avoid "smoke" (if you are a non-smoker), etc. This is invaluable on embarkation day when you haven't any idea of how to get from point "A" to point "B" on the ship!
2. Make a "weekly planner" sheet with pre-planned dining times & locations (on the multi-restaurant ships), pre-booked shore excursion times, ship entertainment I don't want to miss, etc. Even though it is IMPOSSIBLE to see and do EVERYTHING on the ship, this "planner" helps us achieve THE MOST. It even helps me pack, because I jot down a brief description of my attire for each day. That way I don't have to worry about not having the right clothes to wear on "water" excursion days, formal nights, etc. I also don't have to waste time figuring out what I'm wearing each day. My DH and I like to color coordinate our outfits each day...it makes for nicer "ship" pictures and helps us spot each other easier in a crowd.

Feel free to plagiarize any of my "obsessive" ideas. All of my "pre-planning" anticipation helps the months before a cruise pass by faster in addition to making things run smoother on the ship. I rarely come up against something that I didn't already know about. Some friends that cruise with us tease me about "knowing the color of the bed sheets" before we get on the ship!

Good luck in writing your "review" when you return...I've failed miserably in that area. I guess I'm just too "long-winded". It seems much easier to answer peoples questions because by the time I get the "review" written, it is a "book" and not timely enough for people anticipating an upcoming cruise. I even found that I can't keep up with a "journal" on the trip because I spend more time "writing" about the experience than the time the "experience" happened in. So now I just jot down some notes throughout the day and "write" my memories in a journal long after the cruise is over! Another "obsessive" habit I've gotten into is taking digital pictures...our last two cruises have gotten "recorded" in over 1000 pictures...and they say "a picture is worth a thousand words"...now there are a lot of "words"! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

It is nice to learn that there is someone else out there who loves learning as much as possible about an upcoming cruise. I don't think we need so start Cruisaholics Anonymous yet though!

Happy sailing!
Debjo [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]  Until the NORWEGIAN DAWN 2004 (Can't Hardly Wait But Still Wishing I Was Going On The NORWAY Instead!)

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img] NORWEGIAN MAJESTY 2004 Bermuda Bound Again!

QE2-Bermuda 2003

[B]For Newcruiser00...[/B]
While, I'm strictly a "beef" eater, our friends who always cruise with us are VERY FOND of Lobster and always want me to find out when LOBSTER night is on a cruise. The MAJESTY's Lobster night on our cruise was on Monday, the first full day of the cruise...this also happened to be Formal Night and Captain's Night! (I should share that my pre-cruise research revealed some postings that Lobster Night was on Tuesdays sometimes.)

Lobster was served in both of the main dining rooms (Four Seasons and Seven Seas). Our friend even ordered "extra". She was in her glory that night! I was surprised that since we were eating dinner early (5:30 pm), she didn't make way to the other dining room later in the evening for a second round of Lobster!

Since I already answered the St. Georges Carriage Ride question that you posted on another message thread, I'll not duplicate the answer here...I'm already being accused of having "typing diarrhea" by my husband! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Debjo [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

QE2-Bermuda 2003

Debjo,

Sailing the Dawn in umpteen days and furiously making notes on a MS Word Document, inclusive of some of the things you have said. I am truly glad to hear that someone is as obsessive about planning as I am. My husband thinks I am out of my mind. I live in NY, going up to Maine next month, and have done virtually nothing about planning this trip--but I'm going crazy about something next FEBRUARY! Your remembrances and notes have been great. I always find as long as I keep my daily schedules the ship gives out, it's easy to reconstruct everything!

Robin

Explorer of the Seas (Western Caribbean) 12/7/02
Serenade of the Seas (Canada) 9/25/03
Majesty of the Seas (Bahamas) 2/16/04
Norwegian Dawn (Bahamas) 2/20/05

Until we sail the Dawn!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2005;2;20;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

OK Robin - I'll try to remember to keep the dailies.

Debjo - If I could stop laughing I could type. LOL I found this site about 3 days after we went into the travel agency and were trying to decide which trip to book. NCL was a no brainer - leaving from NY - that's all we needed to know. LOL From that point on, I've been hooked. My hubby is not a planner - waiting for him to get information about a trip is ridiculous - so I take over. He teases me but is ALWAYS happy that I get all the info. One of these days I'm gonna surprise him and do nothing. NOT!!! I'd be a basket case.

The "enlarging" the deck plans is a FABULOUS idea. I'm definitely plagiarizing (sp??) and proud of it!!! I don't need brains on top - just brains I can tap!! HA HA

G

Debjo,
Thanks for the info on Lobster night on the Majesty. Everyone in our group loves lobster. That will be great. Monday night is also the formal night, so that will work out well.

Thanks!

UNTIL the MAJESTY to BERMUDA !
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;7;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Archived