Need advise on FT.Lauderdale Hotel-So confused!

Someone else may be able to give you better advice for March. I know Ft. Lauderdale is totally booked during spring break. I'm not sure if it is high season in South Beach or Miami.

Yes, March is VERY high season in all of South Florida. Both Fort Lauderdale and Miami/Miami Beach are packed to the gills during Spring Break. It's far from the cheapest time of year to come down here, but there still ARE deals to be had, it just may take some work to find them. The weather during March IMO is typically the best of the year, lower humidity, very little rain, and near perfect temperatures.

I to am looking for a hotel for my friends and family to stay at, so any info would be helpful. We are leaving Feb 12th to stay overnight in Ft lauderdale before the cruise the next day. So far I have found 2 places to stay overnight that is close to the Port everglades.( We are cruising RCCL Enchantment). 1 is Comfort Inn 2520 stirling rd and Holiday Inn Express 1150 w state street. Are these good picks, they both will give me free shuttle to the port is there anything I'm missing. Anybody's help would be appreciated.

lojill, I would stay along SE17th Street in one of the hotels I mentioned above, and not worry about the "free" shuttles. The SE17th Street hotels are in a safe area with many shops and restaurants within walking distance. They're very close to both Port Everglades and the airport so the cab fares would be minimal. Many people report that the shuttles are so crowded or lines so long that they end up taking a taxi anyway to avoid the hassle.

The HI Express you're talking about is on State Road 84, not "state street", and while that hotel is new, the neighborhood is nasty. The Comfort Inn isn't in quite as bad of an area, but is farther from the airport & Port Everglades. I don't know anything about the quality of that particular hotel though.

Hey Trent thanks for the help. Which one did you reccomend? And what about the cost for 1 night I didn't want my group to spend alot of money before the cruise, What do you think. Can you please give me a list of the hotels you were talking about or where I can find them. I don't like bidding I woul just book straight out. My family and I are leaving in Feb 2006 . Thanks for help It has been great.

TrentS & Immn, I am determined to figure out the priceline and hotwire sites. I will study up on biddingfortravel and the other helpful sites! Just one more question, "if I give you all my info, will you do it for me...........?" Kidding!! Tks you guys. ;)

Have never really used Priceline. We sail in Nov on the Jewel, arriving the day before...

We actually need 4 rooms for 4 couples. Will priceline handle that, or is it for 1 room maximums?

Since 2 of the couples are newbies to cruising, I would love to find something from which we can see the ships pull in in the morning....

any suggestion?

lojill - Yeah, see message #40 on page 2 of this thread for all the links. You can go to their websites and plug your dates in and get the rates. I would also call the hotels directly as sometimes I've found I can get even better rates by doing that (and sometimes not, but it's always worth a shot). Also if you're a AAA or CAA member you can get a better rate with most of them. AARP works too.

MrsFixitCT - The hotels that have the best views of Port Everglades would be the Marina Marriott and Hyatt Pier 66. They both have spectacular views in their higher floor South Side TOWER rooms.

over the edge - I'm by no means a Priceline expert, but many people say they've gotten the Marina Marriott over the winter for $75 or less by bidding for 3* "downtown" Fort Lauderdale. You probably won't get one of the rooms with the spectacular view for that price though.

Definitely read through that BiddingforTravel website as that seems to have the most up to date info. I also remember seeing a page on there somewhere with a list of the various hotels in the different zones that Priceline uses. I'm not sure how up to date that is though.

TrentS, I went on Bidding for Travel and found the question a few times, "when should I start my bidding" and the answer to the questions were always, "go to the FAQ section to find those answers". I can't even find the FAQ section. I'm off to a bad start. I did, however, read word for word about everyone of those wonderful hotels stated on thread #40. They are so beautiful. I would love to land one of them on priceline. The best price I could find on their website was $239 at Embassy Stuites, I believe it was Hyatt Pier 66 that had the awsome gardens and pools, that was $265. ;)

Oh I forgot to tell you it is one of the hotels on 17th Street. The area is very nice. There are 2 druge stores across the street. On one cruise I didnt feel well called my doc at home and he called in a prescription for me at one of the drug stores across the street. Walked over and picked it up before my cruise. They sell liquor across the street and munchie type food and there are tons of restaurants around there too.

bluehorizeonlover123, There is a big red S, where would I see that, for the Embassy Suites??? Also, what star level would it be. Downtown, right?? I'm new at this, sorry. Thanks for helping. I would be very happy to get the Embassy Suites on Priceline. :)

over the edge... Here's the link to the Hotel FAQ... http://p070.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddinghotels.showMessage?topicID=2.topic

Links to other FAQ topics here you may want to read... http://p070.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddinghotels

I noticed you're from Canada so you may want to read this one too... http://p070.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddinghotels.showMessage?topicID=6.topic

Hi. Embassy Suites is definitely not on Priceline. Amerisuites is on Priceline. Amerisuites is 2 and a half stars and Embassy is 3 and a half stars. Both are in Downtown area. If you see the red S and it is 2 and a half stars on Priceline then it is definitely the Amerisuites or Comfort Suites. They are both fine. You can't go wrong. I dont' like to do Priceline. Too complicated. I only use Hotwire to book hotels so I cant help you with that one. Hotwire has the red S and I have always gotten Embassy when I put 3 and a half stars. Hope this helps.

Just so I understand, I CAN get Embassy Suites on Hotwire?? I used Hotwire last year and got the Hyatt for under $100. It was sooo easy. Not ruling out priceline, but gosh, it scares me. Tks for everything!! :)

If you are looking for the Embassy Suites on Hotwire, look for this: 3 1/2 or 3* (used to be 3 1/2, but may have been changed to 3*). Look for all of these icons in this order:

Suite, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness Center, Comp. Breakfast, Kitchenette, Business Center.

To pinpoint other hotels, do this:

Go to betterbidding.com

Scroll down and click Florida

Click Price/Hotwire Hotel List & Tips for FL

Click Hotwire Hotel List

Scroll down to Ft. Lauderdale hotels

I highly doubt this hotel will come up for March. I'm not kidding....the city is absolutely full with spring breakers during this time. Continually check Hotwire, because you may see other hotels that will work well for you as well.

You guys have been so much help. Reading about those wonderful hotels that you all suggested was so tempting. I also most hit the "reserve" button numerous times. It seems like it would be so easy to do!! :rolleyes: However, I know I have already over-spent on our Jewel cruise so hubby and I can have like a "second honeymoon" and because we won't be spending very much time at the hotel, I just can't justify $300 or more for one night. I will find something, thanks to everyone here. I'm kind of excited to try priceline. I checked for my dates on priceline, and it appears I can't even give it a shot for about another week or two. I most certainly will let you all know if I become brave enough to give it a try.

I am going to print out that last thread Immn, it will be very helpful. Tks.;)

Amerisuites will be fine too. Dont worry about it. I have friends that go to the Amerisuites every year and love it too. Embassy may not even be on Hotwire anymore as RCL and Princess are now using it as their hotel of choice and it probably doesnt need to lower its prices anymore to get business.

Just did some checking and Embassy is definitely not on Hotwire anymore. Amerisuites is the suite on Hotwire. It offers the free breakfast but not the free shuttle to the pier, which is very close, cab shouldnt be too much.

Embassy is ridiculously priced, I wouldnt go there for that price. It isnt worth the extra money they are charging. You are better off doing Amerisuites or another hotel.

Never heard of the hotels you mentioned. You could go to travel advisor on Orbitz and see what people have said about those two hotels. Under customer comments. It might help.

maryr65 - The reason those 2 are so cheap is that they're old, tired and in need of a remodel. Starwood says that's coming soon, but haven't announced when as of yet.

over the edge - The Amerisuites looks nice on the outside, but I've never been in that one as I have in the others I've mentioned so I can't comment on it's quality. The location is great though, just a block off of SE17th Street, still within easy walking distance to everything.

over the edge. You can contact me anytime for help with Priceline or Hotwire. I really think it's just too early for you to be stressing over your hotel.. Yes it is a busy time, but the hotels right now are just posting high prices, and will be happy to take bookings at those prices. They will come down in 6 months. Meantime if you find something you like, make a cancellable reservation. Then the gamesmanship begins.

hmw608 at aol dot com

Archived