crazy flights

katj323

Has anybody experienced a crazy flight schedule by Windstar? I just got mine and it seems unexceptable. Los Angeles San Fransciso. San Franscisco to Denver. Denver to Washington D.C. Washington D.C. to Germany. Germany to Athens. Any suggestions on what to do? I went to Africa last year with one stop in London, this just seems crazy!!!!!

I did pay for the air devation, 300 dollars because we wanted to get to Athens 2 day early for a wedding that we have to be at. Yikes, this part of our trip is scheduled to take 51 hours. Unbelievable!

Just think of the frequent flyer miles you will get. Many people would love that schedule so that they could maximize the segments / miles. That being said, most people would like a more direct routing. I can understand the JFK/Fra / Athens routing - it sounds like a UAL or Lufthansa routing. I also understand the stop in Denver because many airlines do not fly coast to coast now days due to fuel / noise restrictions at various airports. The part I do have problems with is the LAX - SFO - Denver routing. I would have thought that they would have gone LAX - Denver.

As the previous poster said, talk to your TA and see what he / she can do. Windstar booked you on the cheapest (for them) routing. I assume that your are going fairly soon so there may not be anything that your TA can do.

That being said, make sure you sign up for the airlines FF program so that you can get something out of the routing.

Good luck.

Archived