Passover aboard ship?

derf5585

When we sailed during Passover on RCCL, there was a rabbi on board and there was a traditional Passover dinner held in one of the private rooms. It was announced in the daily schedule. Our tablemates attended and said it was a nice service.

Guest enjoycruises

Happy Pesach to u. We were on the Carnival during Pesach a few years ago. We were given a room to have a service and in the dining room we were given choices with the tradional foods......matzoa ball soup, matzoa, brisket and turkey. It was nie.

u hafta recite baruch atta adonai elohaynu melch haolam borey paree hagafen before every drink of the day!!!!! haha!!!! Our cruise next year hits the last 3 days of Passover. I don't really celebrate it myself (I eat bread), but my brother in law thought twice about booking with us that week, he's gonna celebrate as best he could on the ship (my sister said she's gonna sneak bread when he's not looking!!!!!!) happy passover guys!!!!! :)

It’s nice to know that so many cruise lines are so accommodating. Good for future reference, because I usually shoot down any travel during Passover.

We had 32 for dinner Sat. night, and 14 last night, and my wife and I are both exhausted. It sure would be nice to let someone else do all the work. (Even with power appliances, grinding 6 pounds of liver is a project.) Is it true that they now have lobster that is Pechadicht? (wink)

Guest enjoycruises

Lobster? HAHA!

I am sure after having 2 large Seders u and your wife are mighty tired. Next year I am going to have to take the Seders away from my Mother. She is almost 71 yrs and after we left last night, the poor woman could hardly move! She does ALL the cooking and does not let any one help. I do the dishes and my cousin dries. I already have "breaking the Fast" ,Chanukah and Mom's Day, so what's 2 more nites of everyone coming over to "fress"?

Happy Pesach, one and all. We went to MIL's (first sedar since she lost her hubby) and my hubby led the service (about a couple hours shorter). He was reading the Hebrew (he doesn't go to services so it's been a while) and his mother kept feeding him the words and he finally had to shush her. Have to admit I had a bagel this morning at a PTA meeting.

A bagel - already!! (Was it a Guilt Free bagel?)

My folks lived in Northridge for about 22 years. Came back here to the Chicago area after the quake in - what was it - 1993? They are both in thier mid 80s now and it's better with them here.

Earthquake was in Jan. 1994. Last week my girl's school held an earthquake drill and some of the moms were asked to act like hysterical moms and come to the side gate to give the office staff practice in dealing with releasing kids during a disaster. I said, "who needs to act hysterical...if there's a quake, I'll be hysterical."

"why on this nite do we sit in our lounge chairs on the lido deck in a reclining position???? :p" Why on this night do we eat bitter chocolate mousse....?

Guest enjoycruises

I had surgery on Thursday and on Friday the doctor wished me a Happy Pesach and told me I can enjoy chumatz. I am keeping the holiday tho.

Luv Crus'n: Hello from BG, neighbor.

I had surgery on Thursday and on Friday the doctor wished me a Happy Pesach and told me I can enjoy chumatz. I am keeping the holiday tho.

Luv Crus'n: Hello from BG, neighbor.

Here's to a speedy recovery and a Happy Passover. My Mom just had some surgery as well and we are also celebrating Pesach in our house. Just finished the last matzoh ball tonight.:D :D

Guest enjoycruises

Thank u Lynda & Luv Crus'n for the good wishes.:) Happy pesach to u and yours.

Lynda I hope your Mom has a speedy recovery.

Happy Pesach! We're muddling through the leftovers from two terrific seders and finding that browsing through the menus that are posted on some cruising web sites is NOT a smart thing to do right now! We had only eight people at Saturday night's seder, but there were fourteen on Sunday night. Funny thing is, the only Jews at these seders were DH, DS, DD, and me! Our kids are in their twenties, and every year, their friends come to the seders and make them really enjoyable events. They even know the menus by heart! (Oh, the look of dread when the gefilte fish is brought out!) I had surgery in October, and due to some complications, I've been on IV food since then. The only benefit is that I'm probably the only one in the family who doesn't have to worry about the inevitable effects of matzoh this week! <grin> The next big event is DD's graduation from UGA in almost three weeks. Huge barbecue is planned. Healing has FINALLY taken place since chemo is done, and we're hoping the doctor will allow me to actually eat by then. (I've hidden a potato kugel in the freezer - I've GOT to have some of that!)

Good morning everyone!!

I laughed and laughed at this thread, kept annoying my husband by reading it out to him!! Pesach at sea sounds wonderful especially as we are still vacuuming up the matza balls, chicken and fruit compote that was underneath my grandson's highchair!! ;)

Best wishes for a happy and healthy Passover to you all from Sue and Steve in London!

love Sue x

While myself not Jewish, I am currently aboard the SAPPHIRE PRINCESS. We have a RABBI on board, and he has conducted two (2) seder meals in an area of the HORIZON COURT which was set aside for this purpose. I can't answer anything beyond this, however.

Hi - I'm just curious, as my husband's family is Jewish - are the Seders served onboard Kosher? I remember reading in my NCL paperwork last year that they couldn't have a kosher kitchen, but didn't see anything about that in the Princess paperwork for our upcoming cruise. Just wondering.

Hi - I'm just curious, as my husband's family is Jewish - are the Seders served onboard Kosher?

kosher meals (frozen entrées only)

from

http://www.princess.com/onboard/answer/business.html

Cruising the Caribbean on a Ship Where All Is Kosher

from

http://www.forward.com/issues/2003/03.04.04/fast1.html

Guest enjoycruises

Besides offering John chopped liver with schmaltz, how about a pice of home made gefilte fish with home made horseradish? My Bubbie's horseradish was SO strong that it would make your eyes water and your nose run!:eek: It definitely cleared out one's sinus cavity.

Sue, I was in London a 3 summers ago. I visited an old Shul there amongst office buildings. It was a Sephardic Shul. Quite beautiful. The Chazan from my Shul (in Chicago area) brought back 2 Torahs that were being held in London from a Czek Shul. Happy Pesach across the miles to u!

Archived