Passover aboard ship?

derf5585

Me neither. It looks like just a dictionary definition of B'nai Brith. My daughter belonged to BBG when she was in high school. Way back when, I was in USY - United Synagogue Youth. Now THAT was a fun group!

Guest enjoycruises

USY, BBG and AZA are still active groups.

A "plug" for Hadassah.....Hadassah is up for the Nobel Peace prize due to the wonderful work they do at their hospitals.:D

Guest enjoycruises

I am a member of Hadassah and am very proud of being nominated. We treat Jews, Arabs, Moslems Palastinians, anyone....does not matter who or what they are. Our hospitals and staff are quite innovative. We are leaders in stem cell research. I can go on and on!

I grew up on Long Island in an area that was about 50% Jewish. Down here, it's very different! It's so nice to be "chatting" with some fellow Jews!

I can identify. I lived in the Bronx for the first 10 years of my life. Seemed like everyone was Jewish. Way different here in Portland, Oregon.

Are you all at the same place my family is - the matzo is beginning to remind them more of wallpaper than something to eat? I found a terrific Cornish hen recipe that I'm cooking for DH and DD tonight (DS had to work), and I'm trying to get more creative with the side dishes. They've already tired of the potato kugel, the farfel stuffing, and even the vegetable kugel, so I'm experimenting. So far, I've found that matzo meal, while it has many redeeming qualities, is not always the best substitute for bread crumbs!

Jay Leno just had a commercial parody about ***** being deemed kosher for Passover. Las week he aired the newest JibJab (which is good for me because their bits take forever to load on our ancient machine).

By the way I found a thread on Floataway about Christian Cruisers so I'm glad "the tribe" is talking too. At least if goyim come aboard, we don't try to convert them. The Christian cruisers keep telling this one atheist about books he should read or websites he should visit.:rolleyes:

BTW, hubby mentioned the answer to the four questions is that we are slaves to work.

Funny you should ask that question, DH just asked if I wanted family to come for dinner tomorrow to celebrate my birthday, and I decided to wait until Monday, and order out! Just can't do a Pesach birthday this year..

My husband was excited that he 'missed' having a Pesach birthday this year, but he gets 'caught' next year. He and my sister compete about it...one year one has it, the next year the other and some years both. This year the holiday was so late that they both had 'real' birthday cakes.

Guest enjoycruises

Pesach birthday cakes are the WORST! Hubby says he rather not have a cake if his birthday falls on Pesach. He was lucky it didn't this year.

I have kept Pesach to my amazement. The doctor told me when he was checking me out of the hospital to "enjoy my chometz". I did NOT follow doctor's orders. I REALLY can't wait for it to be over with already. It is my least favorite holiday.

I usually enjoy it, but.... I, too, am ready for it to be over. We're leaving for the Galapagos on Friday and I'm trying to use up our food....too much we can't eat until Monday. And I'm ready for a piece of bread. Funny how much simple things mean after only a week

Hi everyone!

I love the idea of a "Jews who cruise" thread, just reading "our thread" you can see the difference.....on the "regular" threads it's all "how can I smuggle booze onboard? Where's the best scuba/snorkling? Can I smoke on the balcony? I hate MUTS/I love MUTS!!" But on this thread?? It's food, food and more food!!;)

I remember one year I had taken time off work for Rosh Hashoner, explaining to a non-Jewish friend that it was the Jewish New Year. she thought for a couple of minutes and then said "So it was your Christmas last week then?":D

My eldest son was a Pesach baby, we called him Adam Paul, Hebrew names? Avram Pesach!! A pesachdik birthday cake this year (April 27th) but that's his wife's problem now!!

Just got a phone call from our youngest son (3 sons, no doctors!!;) ) they are on the way to the hospital, they think the (first) baby is on the way!! Another pesachdik baby?? Will let you know!! Have to sign off, too excited to think straight!!:eek:

Bread and bagels tomorrow and maybe another little bubbele pg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Sue x

I've got to admit it - I love Pesach! This year, though, when the doctor FINALLY gives me the go-ahead to eat and drink again, I'm going to enjoy all my Pesach goodies on one day and NOT make it stretch out for eight! My family is DEFINITELY ready for the holiday to end! Luckily, I've discovered a lot of great recipes that I've been able to make without using any chometz, and they are still interested. I have noticed, however, that lately, "matzo" seems to be a dirty word around here!

Both of my kids are usually having to face the matzo meal birthday cakes. This year, because Pesach fell out so late, they actually had REAL birthday cakes! They, too, have started a list of all the goodies they haven't been able to eat this week, and they've got plans for enjoy them ALL in the coming weeks!

BTW, mazel tov on the soon-to-be newest arrival, sueredland!

I'm with you MerryIG -- I love Pesach (everything except the Matzoh that is!) Last night at Oneg after services someone brought the most amazing flourless chocolate cake with whipped cream and fresh raspberries-- it almost made up for missing the rum cake in the office during the day. I actually had to leave the office over the noon hour yesterday; there is just no way I would have had the will power otherwise...(but I did hide away a tiny piece for monday...)

Today at Temple we "feasted" on bagels made with Matzoh meal -- just proves that we will eat just about anything after a week of going without!

Mazel tov to sueredland! before you know it he or she will be singing the MahNishtanah!

Mazel tov from me too on the blessed event!:) Nothing like a new baby in the family to bring lots of smiles. I have to admit I do not keep kosher and did not observe the entire rituals of passover. However, I know who I am and where I came from. I just bought a brisket and will use my grandma's old recipe that she got from her grandma. I also have a wonderful Hadassah cookbook that was put together by the local Hadassah women many, many years ago. It is a tradition in my family that when a girl becomes engaged, one of the cookbooks is given to her. Mine is really showing its use. It's called "Hadassah Gives a Party."

Archived