Someone correct my thinking...

hannahsmomtoo

We had ATD on the Dream over Thanksgiving and went to the steakhouse the first night. It was 7:30 and there were only two other parties dining. The service and food were impeccable. I think the first night is the perfect time to go for specialty dining, especially if you have ATD. Have a great cruise and birthday!

Thank you - I think this is the plan !!!

We are doing anytime dining... so I don't think we will have tablemates ( atleast not set in stone )

Day 2 is elegant night... I guess we could go to the steakhouse THEN.. after the photos..

I tend to overthink... :rolleyes:

If you have anytime dining, then by all means head to the steakhouse for your b-day and enjoy yourself. You won't have the same tablemates every day anyways, so it isn't quite the same as if you had assigned dining.

As H8 said, you should get a free bottle of wine for doing on the 1st night.

Do what you think you would like to do - don't worry about your table mates. Our last cruise (8 day Freedom), our table mates never showed any of the 8 nights. DH and I essentially ended up with a "table for two" each night as it turns out. First night waiter told us they went to steakhouse. I can't imagine they went every night. We ended up becoming friendly with next table. We enjoyed our dinners even without table mates. The only thing is that every night we would rush to the table to reclaim our seats from prior night. One of the other seats was over a cushion crack. :eek:

Slightly off topic, but can you get more than 1 appetizer or entree in the Steakhouse like you can in the MDR?

In my experience, we were able to get more than 1 appetizer and more than 1 dessert, but only 1 entree in the steakhouse

We embark on my birthday and I was thinking that would be a nice night for us to try out the steakhouse.

However, part of me feels like we should be in the MDR on the first night.. check in.. make an appearance..

Is that nuts? I mean it's not like a roll call.. they don't care where we eat..

Hi Birthday Twin! I'm the 23rd also. :D We are cruising during my husband (22nd) and mine (23rd) birthday too. We have decided to do the Steakhouse the first night too. Soo...no you are not crazy. Go to the Steakhouse! Enjoy! I believe they are doing the free bottle of wine the first night too.

Hi HMT - go to the Steakhouse the first night if you choose, especially if you are on ATD. The Steakhouse is NEVER crowded regardless of what night you choose. I certainly would not go on a formal night because the food and service and atmosphere in the MDR on those nights tends to be better.

Hi Birthday Twin! I'm the 23rd also. :D We are cruising during my husband (22nd) and mine (23rd) birthday too. We have decided to do the Steakhouse the first night too. Soo...no you are not crazy. Go to the Steakhouse! Enjoy! I believe they are doing the free bottle of wine the first night too.

Yes ! Happy Birthday cruising to us !!!!!!! and thank you !!

Hi HMT - go to the Steakhouse the first night if you choose, especially if you are on ATD. The Steakhouse is NEVER crowded regardless of what night you choose. I certainly would not go on a formal night because the food and service and atmosphere in the MDR on those nights tends to be better.

Thank you.. I think we will.. seems like a great way to have a special first night with my daughter ( 13 ) for my birthday. I appreciate it !

Archived