Best Curacao beaches

sarat

I'm going to be in Curacao next week on RCCL, I heard that there are quite a few nice beaches in Curacao but just don't know which one to go to. We are looking for a calm, clean, not so crowded beach, (water sports a plus, but not necessary). I've read about Mambo, Porto playa marie and cas abo. Anyone know which is prettiest? Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Sara

Sara, we are just back from the Dawn Princess and Curacao was our first port. We went to Playa Porto Mari and were very glad we did. It is a lovely beach, with soft, white sand, and the snorkeling there is very good. We got there just as the gates were opening (9:30AM), and it was not at all crowded or noisy. From the pier, our taxi was $10pp each way, and the beach club is $2pp entry. There is also a charge of $3 per lounge chair, but you'll receive a coupon for a free soft drink with that. Here is their website: http://www.playaportomari.com/ That should answer any questions about watersports. Some other people from our ship went to Kon Tiki, and said it was nice, but it's not a snorkeling beach.

The drive there was interesting, with lots of beautiful homes being built, and we passed a colony of flamingos along the way.

Becki

I believe the taxi ride was about 20 min. There are plenty of taxis waiting outside the terminal, and you might be able to negotiate a better rate than we did. We had limited time, as we had an afternoon shore excursion, so didn't want to spend time haggling over a few $'s. From what I could see, most of the taxis are vans, so if you have a group, you can travel together.

Becki

Archived