Touring in Normandy

cressymay

I am going on a cruise this summer and we are docking in La Harve. I would like to take a tour of the WWII sights and have heard that ACE Affordable Cruise Excursions is a good company to use. Has anyone used them before.

They also do tours from all the main ports in France.

I am going on a cruise this summer and we are docking in La Harve. I would like to take a tour of the WWII sights and have heard that ACE Affordable Cruise Excursions is a good company to use. Has anyone used them before.

They also do tours from all the main ports in France.

What ship are you on? We are on the Jewel and looking into a Normandy trip also.

• 4 weeks later...

We are two trying to find a tour and cruisers to share the expense. I've tried contacting a tour co. but had no return response. There are two other couples on the jewel who may want to join if we can find a tour of Cherbourg.

Check out the Jewel post. On the RC site

Ann

Rtdiva

We are two trying to find a tour and cruisers to share the expense. I've tried contacting a tour co. but had no return response. There are two other couples on the jewel who may want to join if we can find a tour of Cherbourg.

Check out the Jewel post. On the RC site

Ann

Rtdiva

We used http://www.ddaybattletours.com/ last Spring from Cherbourg.

A van was waiting for us at the pier that morning. I highly recommend them.. They did require a deposit, though.. I mailed a check which was returned to me as soon as we entered the van...

They have a detailed website, lots of history & personal experiences.. Emails were answered in a timely manner..

Good luck with booking a tour..

Christine

Archived