Dress code on the Jewel

luckegirl5

Hey everyone... I have read all over the web that the restaurants on the Jewel don't allow jeans or shorts after 6pm. I was on the Dawn 2 years ago and remember wearing shorts and even flip flops to some of the upscale restaurants.

Does anyone know from experience if this is true or not? We prefer being comfy in shorts but don't want to be sent away by the M'atradie

Thanks!!

I have heard that Jeans are not permitted in Tsar but strangely is allowed in Cagneys and LeBestro and others. I do think most Cruiser's dress up more in Cagneys and LeBistro. I don't know about Shorts at night but I think they are a little to casual for the Main Dining room. They would be fine for the Buffet.:confused:

Hey everyone... I have read all over the web that the restaurants on the Jewel don't allow jeans or shorts after 6pm. I was on the Dawn 2 years ago and remember wearing shorts and even flip flops to some of the upscale restaurants.

Does anyone know from experience if this is true or not? We prefer being comfy in shorts but don't want to be sent away by the M'atradie

Thanks!!

Here is the dress code form the FAQ section of the NCL website. this would apply to all NCL ships. If you follow this advise you will have no problems.

Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men. Swimwear is acceptable at the buffet and outdoor restaurant, but a shirt or a cover-up and footwear are required.

Cruise casual is also allowed day and night on embarkation day.

Wear smart casual if you are eating dinner in the aft main dining room (our more formal dining room) and in Le Bistro on cruises over longer than five days. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it’s jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes.

We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants. You may want to pack a sweater too—air conditioning can be chilly.

Thanks!!

From experience (our friends) in October on the Pearl were turned away from the Aft MDR for shorts.

This does not happen on every cruise and some cruises even have in their dailies that shorts can be worn in all dining venues.

So if you want to be "comfy in shorts" and don't want to risk being turned away why not just avoid the aft MDR and Le Bistro. It's only 2 restaurants they ask this to be respected in.

Archived