Renting a van for 7 in Toulon?

World Gallery

I have never even considered renting a van in another country with kids but we are considering it for the first time. We want to do a walking tour in Aix en Provence and it is a one hour drive from Toulon. We have 5 kids ages 11-17. Also, we were hoping to stop at Cassis on the way back from Aix and with a van, we can.

How easy is it to rent a van for 7 with seatbelts? Do I rent it in advance? Is the van brought to the cruise dock? What is the approx. cost?

Also, how is the "French driving style" from Toulon to Aix and is Aix easy to find?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sharon

Go to Europcar site. ChooseToulon town or La Seyen Sur Mer. The date is 14 June (pickup and return). Remeber to add a GPS. They have a VOLKSWAGEN TOURAN 7 PLACES right at the bottom that will be perfect.

It only gives me the price in my local currency so I cant see the price.

You only book it. Pay when you get there. Preferably credit card. To add an additional driver is more expensive and not necessary. Price is guaranteed. Just bring your booking number that they will E-mail.

None of the rental companies will bring the vehicle to the dock. SIXT used to do it. I tried them all.

It actually makes it easier, because now you take a taxi to either rental station you choose (and now it doesnt matter where the ship docks). I suggest La Seyene Sur Mer because I think the chances that Spirit will dock there is 70% from what I read happens these days.

When you get to Europcar they will refund your taxi fare (as per these boards- not confirmed by myself yet), give you your GPS (help put it in English), you pay and off you go.

or you can just follow me....because if all goes well I will be doin the same

The only reason I am holding out is I am looking for a small convertable and Europcar dont have at the Toulon stations. I am trying others.

PS: We are there on 14th and its a Thursday. Some (not Europcar) only open at 9:00am. So stick with them if you want to hire, imho

If you go to Google maps you will see a BIG circle in the middle of Aix. There is a underground parking. Head straight for it, park and enjoy the day there before you leave for Cassis.

Hope it helps to make up your mind...If I can drive in Europe (remember we drive on the left) , then so can you

Archived