Scuba Diving in St. Thomas

Kracknov

We will be sailing on the Royal Carribean Explorer January 8, 2006 and would like to go diving in St. Thomas. Does anybody know who to go through and what their experiance has been like scuba diving in St. Thomas? We are both beginners and this will be our first time. I need suggestions on who to book with. Thanks

We have been to coki beach( http://www.cokidive.com ) diving a few years ago. It is a beach dive with a maximum depth of 55ft. We are going back in June and plan to visit it again. Nothing fancy, just easy. A guided dive is $40 for the first tank and $20 for the second. They pick you up at the dock and you take a taxi back.

Scott

Hi kracknov,

Here is what I posted about diving in St. Thomas in another thread

St Thomas Admiralty Dive Center

Hey everyone,

Just back from the Carnival's Triumph and St Thomas. Ended up diving with Admiralty Dive Center and have nothing but good to say about them. They picked us (me and DD age 11) at the dock at 8:30 and took us straight out to the dive site with all our gear already on board. We decided to only bring our mask and snorkels this trip to save room and Admiralty equipment was up to snuff. Paid $80 for two tank dive + $10 for equipment & $5 for dock pick up.

Only six people on the boat, the captain, divemaster, me, my DD, another experienced diver and a guy going for his advanced deep water & navigation. First dive was a reef dive with shallows and deep that worked for all of us. The crew was perfect about handling my daughter's pre-dive anxiety, but took their time and let her work her way through the pre-dive jitters (she's newly certified and new situations always take adjustment). Nice reef, lots of fish, but nothing spectacular. We went to this spot I think more to accomadate my jr. diver and the guy doing his check out dive. Crew said vis was 60'+, but I could see forever. Dove with just my bathing suit and it felt like taking a bath.

Second dive was supposed to be Navy Barges, but the swell really picked up and we chose to do another reef dive at a different location. My daughter felt she was done so stayed on the boat talking to Capt. "Fishbutt" about marine biology and learning about the island. I enjoyed a dive along a cliff type reef with multiple fingers I could have spent all morning exploring. Had a few arches to swim through. Water was just as warm as the other spot with jetstreams of what felt like jacuzzi water blowing through. Vis was a little less (40'+) because of the temp changes, but I've got no complaints.

Fishbutt and Kevin returned us to our dock right next to the ship at about 12:30 and I was able to spend the afternoon shopping in the Havensight mall right next to the dock.

Haven't dove with the other services on the island, but I would highly recommend Admiralty.:D :D

Archived