Just saw the fantasy docked at PC wow!

sahara910

I'm so bummed that all cameras were packed away. It's such a big pretty boat! It didn't help our cruise inferiority complex since we were getting off the RC monarch lol!!! Between docking next to the dream in Nassau and then seeing the fantasy we have decided we will save until we can set sail on one of those two!!!

Ain't she pretty ? :cool:

Nothing wrong with the RC ships; they're designed to address specific markets, just like DCL ships address a different segment of the market.

Do go through with your plan to save for a DCL cruise - - you won't regret it!

How much more stabilized do you think the DC Fantasy / Dream is vs the RCI Monarch? I was pretty nauseous even with the patch... Just enough to be glad to get off at each port :p

Well, the Monarch is the oldest/least smooth in the RCI fleet FWIW. Most other RCI ships are a lot smoother, let alone Fantasy/Dream.

Well, the Monarch is the oldest/least smooth in the RCI fleet FWIW. Most other RCI ships are a lot smoother, let alone Fantasy/Dream.

Thanks I knew it was the oldest and smallest but having been my only cruise I didnt know if it was a noticeable enough difference

It also depends on which way the waves are in realation to the ships movement. For example, most modern ships with stabilizers will dampen or eliminate most side to side movement.(waves or wind coming from one side or the other) Pitching or fore to aft, as when the waves are bow on, or come from the stern, the stabilizers cant fix that.

If you want a ship with almost no perceptible movement, try the RCL Oasis of the Seas or Allure of the Seas. At 220,000 tons we were in 6 foot seas and could not detect any movement at all!

Archived