Connecting Cabins

We have booked connecting cabins on both Vision (inside) and Independence (GS/Balcony). I have searched internet and Youtube to get an idea of where the door between the two cabins are and how this work, but I have not found anything. Even the reviews on Cruise Critic where people have stayed in "my" steroom does not mention that there is a door between the two cabins.

Can someone give me a link to pictures or a video that shows how this work ? Or perhaps explain where the connection is ?

I had connecting balcony rooms on the Carnival Valor last year. There was an internal door that could be bolted from either side, left unlocked, or propped open. I was travelling with 4 kids, and the two bathrooms was better than a suite, but they managed to to lock themselves out several times by bolting the front door from the inside, coming thru the connecting door and shutting it. This year I just did side by side rooms, hoping for less hassle.

I've only stayed in connecting cabins on the Explorer.

On the Explorer, the head of housekeeping can lock or unlock the connecting door on day 1, for the duration of your cruise. There is no chance of locking yourself out like the pp described on Carnival. You can close the door between the cabins, but it won't lock.

The two sets of rooms I've stayed in on the Explorer, (7330/7332 & 7630/7632) had the connecting door along the wall between the TV/Frig/Safe/Vanity/shelving unit, and the foot of the beds. I don't know how to post a picture but if you give me your email, I'll send you one. Not sure this would be helpful as you won't be sailing on the Explorer.

On the Voyager of the Seas, inside cabins typically have a small 2-seat sofa. In connecting cabins, this is replaced with a chair, and the connecting door is where part of the sofa would be. Also, when we first board, the connecting door has always been closed and locked. Just find the cabin attendant (steward) and he/she will unlock it. Worst case -- it might not get unlocked until the evening cleaning. You might also want a key to the kids' cabin. Guest services can get you an extra key. If you have more than 2 kids in the cabin, the sofa bed or pulldown upper beds will be done during the evening cleaning, usually during your dining time, and put back during the morning cleaning.

I found this video on youtube for the Freedom of the Seas -- similar in layout to the Independence of the Seas.

I've only stayed in connecting cabins on the Explorer.

On the Explorer, the head of housekeeping can lock or unlock the connecting door on day 1, for the duration of your cruise. There is no chance of locking yourself out like the pp described on Carnival. You can close the door between the cabins, but it won't lock.

The two sets of rooms I've stayed in on the Explorer, (7330/7332 & 7630/7632) had the connecting door along the wall between the TV/Frig/Safe/Vanity/shelving unit, and the foot of the beds. I don't know how to post a picture but if you give me your email, I'll send you one. Not sure this would be helpful as you won't be sailing on the Explorer.

Mom.to.2

We are staying in 7630/7632 in June so a picture would be helpful to us. My email is fxgordon at sbcglobal.net. Do the rooms have loveseats or just the oversized chairs like the E1's?

Thanks

Mom.to.2

We are staying in 7630/7632 in June so a picture would be helpful to us. My email is fxgordon at sbcglobal.net. Do the rooms have loveseats or just the oversized chairs like the E1's?

Thanks

I sent you a picture showing the connection between the two rooms. I'll also try to post one here. I've never successfully posted a picture though.

These rooms (7630/7632 & 7330/7332) all have a full size sofa, not a love seat or chair. The sofa is not on the connecting wall so the door doesn't affect its size.

distancefromourbedtothekids.jpg

Archived