Advice/Ideas on driving the island on our own.

pampaul

I'm thinking on convincing the hubby to rent a Jeep in Grand Cayman and do our own little driving tour. (He's not keen to the fact of driving on the other side of the road)

Anyhow, I'm wondering from the people who have done their own "driving tour", did you have anything in mind ahead of time or just got in your vehicle and drove?

Is there a list of things that are a must see? We're on the island for 6hrs (but by the time you get off the ship, take the tender, get your car and then have to stand in line to tender back) I'm sure we'll only have about 3 hours to drive around.

Probably not interested in doing a beach (since the private island is a beach day and we've decided on another beach day in Cozumel) But we'd like to drive around and mainly check things out and take a bunch of pictures.

I know I'd like to make a stop in Hell. I'm sure that's picture worthy. LOL And will probably mail out a postcard (is the post office usually really busy?) We'll be there on a Monday and there is only one ship in port that day.

Anyhow, what are you MUST SEE attractions? And if you just drove around, sightseeing/taking pictures, how long did it take you to see the island?

Archived