Marina 7085

Pimienta

Has anyone ever been in a handicapped cabin on the Marina?

We booked a gty oceanview, and just received our cabin number two days before our cruise. I'm sure the room is lovely, just wondering about the bathroom. Thanks in advance.

Karen

In December, we were in 7087, the veranda suite next door to 7085. We were with our adult son who is in a wheelchair. I believe other than the veranda, the two rooms are identical. He have been on several cruises with our son and this was by far the best handicapped room we have ever had.

The room is a few feet wider (3 to 4 feet?) than the other ones that are not handicapped. This allows for easy wheelchair maneuvering. The closet is relocated from its place in the other rooms, I think, but not sure how it compares in size. It was a little hard to get the wheelchair on the veranda but you will not have to worry about that.

The bathroom has a big roll-in shower equipped with a fold down seat and grab bars all around. There is no tub. The toilet also has grab bars around it. In general, best handicapped bath we have seen on a ship.

I suppose there are a few things that might be improved but it was a great room.

Archived