Holland vs Princess ?

ckr31

I am Elite on Princess and 3-star Mariner on HAL. There are some cruises and itineraries that HAL does a lot better than Princess and two of my top three cruises have been on HAL.

You can have positive or negative experiences on either line so I don't worry about or judge based on whether the food or service was better on one vs. the other. It can be excellent or poor on either. Overall, I think they're equal.

Find the itinerary you want to take and decide based on that and pricing. That's what I do. :) I could list the pluses and minus' of both but I won't because the bottom line is that if you like Princess, you'll probably like HAL, and vice versa.

FYI, literally disembarking the Star this morning. Bed was GREAT! Good support and pillow top in a standard Caribe balcony cabin. There shouldn't be any more complaints about the Princess beds.

Great thread! As we were trying to decide between the Island Princess and HAL Zuiderdam for our partial Panama Canal cruise next year. Fares were just a bit higher with HAL even though it was one day longer. But we went with Princess since we will be traveling with 2 tweens as the days and fares were better for our needs.

We hope to try out HAL and Celebrity in the future. As we have mainly sailed Disney it will be interesting to see the level of service and food that each offers.

Archived