Blue Lagoon Questions (Snorkeling, Shelling, etc)

nobody137

We will be arriving on the island a noon, and are really interested in doing the Blue Lagoon Excursion, but we have a few questions for some people that have been there, and I've looked at some of the previous questions, and don't really see my questions covered.

1) How's the snorkeling? I know there's not a reef or anything, but for someone who's never snorkeled before, will it be fun to get our feet wet here? And do they rent snorkel equipment (or offer it for free) or should we bring our own?

2) My wife and I like to collect shells that we find on the beach, and would love to collect some while we are in the Bahamas. So are there places to find shells at Blue Lagoon, and do they allow you to collect them?

3) I know there is shade, but are there buildings to go in to if we want to get inside for a little while?

4) I know one of the excursions they have offers lunch, but are there other dining options on the island besides what they offer in the lunch package?

OK, I think I'm done with questions...for now!!! *insert evil piano music here*

We will be arriving on the island a noon, and are really interested in doing the Blue Lagoon Excursion, but we have a few questions for some people that have been there, and I've looked at some of the previous questions, and don't really see my questions covered.

Since you are arriving at noon, the next ferry to the island is at 1:30 pm and the last ferry is at 4pm coming back (beach closes at 3pm). There really isn't much time for you to enjoy the island in such a short period of time.

1) How's the snorkeling? I know there's not a reef or anything, but for someone who's never snorkeled before, will it be fun to get our feet wet here? And do they rent snorkel equipment (or offer it for free) or should we bring our own?

There is limited (novice) snorkeling, fun for a beginner. Equipment is available for rent.

2) My wife and I like to collect shells that we find on the beach, and would love to collect some while we are in the Bahamas. So are there places to find shells at Blue Lagoon, and do they allow you to collect them?

I haven't seen any decent shelling, as the seas are a bit rough on the south side, and there's plenty of coral underfoot. Shells I've seen have been broken.

3) I know there is shade, but are there buildings to go in to if we want to get inside for a little while?

There is the dining pavillion, souvenier shops etc.

4) I know one of the excursions they have offers lunch, but are there other dining options on the island besides what they offer in the lunch package?

There's only one lunch offered. Either a burger, hot dog or chicken sandwich. with Chips, Orange/Apple and Fruit punch. Since you will be arriving late, not sure if these will still be available at 2pm when you get there.

OK, I think I'm done with questions...for now!!! *insert evil piano music here*

Hope this helps

Archived