Jean skirts-Casual?

LishaD

I have read many threads on jeans, but I haven't seen anything on jean skirts. I am going on a Celebrity Cruise to the Mediteranean. I have a Jean skirt that I love and wear with boots and a nice blouse. I have worn it to my own Art openings, and felt that it would be fine for casual nights, but after reading the responses to jeans I am not sure. Please help!

LishaD

I have read many threads on jeans, but I haven't seen anything on jean skirts. I am going on a Celebrity Cruise to the Mediteranean. I have a Jean skirt that I love and wear with boots and a nice blouse. I have worn it to my own Art openings, and felt that it would be fine for casual nights, but after reading the responses to jeans I am not sure. Please help!

LishaD

Ask yourself this questions, how many time have I taking a picture with this jean skirt on? If it's more than 2 time, time for a new jean skirt.

You might want to wear capri pants w/a nice top.

IME and IMHO, a jean skirt is ok for daytime but definitely not for dinner on Celebrity (or any other line) except if you are doing the casual dining option.

I think you can get away with it on Carnival because of so many who ignore suggested wear (they do request no blue jeans on Carnival)-not that I would-but I would not even try on any other line.

There are jeans skirts and then there are JEANS SKIRTS! I saw one recently (Yoox) that was 700 bucks and MAN O MAN! I would wear it. I am busy trying to copy it for embarkation for my cruise in the fall. That said you could wear something like that to the embarkation meal on lines that state that is :"come as you are casual" without anyone having a heart attack. Other than that it sounds like a good "travel day" outfit.

Archived