Mr. Sanchos AI vs. Isla Pasion by Twister

tjkaribian

First, I have to admit I have not been to Passion Island. However, I have been to Mr Sanchos. While the beach may not be as pretty as Passion Island it is from my understanding that Mr Sanchos has more options when it comes to food and drinks. From what I understand after making the trip there and back you only get about 3 1/2 hours at Passion Island. If that is long enough for you then you may want to consider it. I'm sure others can/will verify that. Mr sanchos is a short cab ride there and back so you could get much more time there and get your money's worth(not to mention it's cheaper than passion island).

Mr Sanchos food really surprised me at how good everything on the menu was, and I mean very good. There are several drinks to choose from as well. They'll probably make you any kind of drink you want. I've considered going to passion island, but love mr sanchos. What ever you do you will have a great time!

I have been to both although we did not do the all inclusive at Mr Sanchos. We spent considerably less money at Mr Sanchos than passion island and still had plenty of food and drink. When you are not part of the all inclusive you sit on a different side than the AI. The pool was not built yet when we were there in 2010. The water toys are still extra either way. The beach is nice. Beer is served in bottles,atleast the ones we were drinking. We were served the food we ordered not a buffet. Again not sure about the AI on the food.

Passion Island

We did the catamaran to passion island last year. It takes about 45min each way and we did only spend about 3.5 hours on the beach. The beach was awesome. They have water toys that are included. The restrooms are not very close to the beach and the food was a buffet which was very crowded and was OK, chicken some kind of fish, rice, fruit cookies can't remember what else maybe chips and guac. The drinks were disapointing. Beer is served on tap well the free ones in very small cups so by the time you walked down to the beach with it either it was 1/2 gone or warm. They did have waiters and we found one that I had bring us a round (there were 5 of us) of beers every 15-20 min. I gave him $$ so that worked great.

This year we will not go back to Passion Island,it is one of those been there done that trips. Although the beach was so beautiful it is just not worth the money in my opinion. We are a family of 5 adults.

Not sure which beach we will try this year. They all are nice just depends what you are looking for and also what time of year it is. We have been to Cozumel 6 times and each time has been different.

Its a preference sort of thing , we swear by Passion Island , I have read dozens of good things on Mr. Sanchos . Its all in what you want i would suggest putting the names in the search feature of google and read Trip Advisor and get some good reviews off of that site , people usually are honest and straight up and see which one strikes your fancy.

Archived