Hol Chan and Shark-Ray Alley by Belizean Adventures?

tjkaribian

Can anyone give us info on this trip? Do you have info about Belizean Adventures? Has anyone been to Hol Chan before?

We're worried about getting back to the ship because of the flight from Belize City to San Pedro and back.

We'd suggest that you look up the site for Coral Breeze Tours & check out their snorkel trip to the same reef, but off of Caye caulker, to snorkel thru the Coral Gardens, then a stop to swim & stand in the water & play with the Nurse sharks & Rays, then back to Caye Caulker for a great local lunch, & then back to the Tourist Village for some shopping, & then board your tender for the return ride to your ship.

We go with these guys twice a year & have always had a super time with Heni the group leader & her crew.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

I would also recommend Coral Breezes. Caye Caulker and swimming with the nurse sharks was a great experience. The lunch was good. The reef we snorkeled on was pristine; but, I would caution that there is one section of the reef where the current is strong; and, I think the tour guides are so conditioned to swimming/snorkeling everyday that they don't realize how fast they cruise through the reef. So, I would not recommend this tour to novice snorkelers. Since, they want you to snorkel in a line with the group; it does take away from the experience because you are constantly trying to keep pace with the group and not really able to just explore the reef on your own; but, the reef has plenty of sea life and is very pretty. It takes about 30 minutes by boat to get to Caye Caulker. James (one of the guides) is a wealth of information about Belize. Considering what we saw of the port and Belize City, I would highly recommend taking a tour!

We've been to Hol Chan a few years back and the snorkeling is excellent. We were staying in San Pedro at the time and just picked up a local tour operator so I don't have any info on Belizean Adventures. We went on the Coral Breeze Caye Caulker tour a few weeks ago and definitely do NOT recommend it. The sites were good snorkeling but packing 48 people on a boat doesn't make for a good snorkel tour. If you choose Caye Caulker, consider trying a different tour provider and/or taking the water taxi over and going out with a local boat.

Can anyone give us info on this trip? Do you have info about Belizean Adventures? Has anyone been to Hol Chan before?

We're worried about getting back to the ship because of the flight from Belize City to San Pedro and back.

when are you going. I was planning to do this trip also with my14 yr old twins. it looks great

when are you going. I was planning to do this trip also with my14 yr old twins. it looks great

i just looked at the trip again. I think it is the most rewarding out of all the excursions I looked into. We are taking our chances and doing it!

We'll be there on April 24th. It looks exciting, but time is a concern. We've got to taxi to the air strip, board a plane and fly to San Pedro, get on the boat and then 10 minutes to hol chan. Seems pretty easy, but does anyone have experience flying out of Belize City to San Pedro? reliable transportation?

• 3 weeks later...
We'll be there on April 24th. It looks exciting, but time is a concern. We've got to taxi to the air strip, board a plane and fly to San Pedro, get on the boat and then 10 minutes to hol chan. Seems pretty easy, but does anyone have experience flying out of Belize City to San Pedro? reliable transportation?

I just got back from this trip and I would highly recommend it. we had absolutely no problem with time. it was incredible. It was just myself and my boys on the flight over to san pedro. 5 people in total snorkeling at hol chan. I did nt want to be in a mass of snorkelers. I think it is a once in lifetime experience and I hope to be able to go back. i definitely would not choose the other snorkeling packages. I booked this the day before arriving in belize and it was wonderful.

I just got back from this trip and I would highly recommend it. we had absolutely no problem with time. it was incredible. It was just myself and my boys on the flight over to san pedro. 5 people in total snorkeling at hol chan. I did nt want to be in a mass of snorkelers. I think it is a once in lifetime experience and I hope to be able to go back. i definitely would not choose the other snorkeling packages. I booked this the day before arriving in belize and it was wonderful. one last note just grab a cab. it is no problem. I was a flight attendent for years and have traveled all over the world, this honestly was a very easy trip.

I just got back from this trip and I would highly recommend it. we had absolutely no problem with time. it was incredible. It was just myself and my boys on the flight over to san pedro. 5 people in total snorkeling at hol chan. I did nt want to be in a mass of snorkelers. I think it is a once in lifetime experience and I hope to be able to go back. i definitely would not choose the other snorkeling packages. I booked this the day before arriving in belize and it was wonderful.

Hi Lorriancs,

Thanks for getting back to us! Could you give us a review? Did you book from the ship via internet? loads of sea life there? All transportation safe and easy?

One most important question, did you go through Belizean Adventures, flying to San Pedro? Who did you use?

Thanks so much!

T and J

Hi Lorriancs,

Thanks for getting back to us! Could you give us a review? Did you book from the ship via internet? loads of sea life there? All transportation safe and easy?

One most important question, did you go through Belizean Adventures, flying to San Pedro? Who did you use?

Thanks so much!

T and J

I am trying to figure out how to post the pictures I took there so you can see them. I know how to e-mail them but I haven't figured out how to download them to this thread. I have pictures of the little plane we took and of the area we snorkeled. I did book through Belizean Adventures. I grabbed a cab at the port and he drove me to the airport. no one met us when we arrived in because we had taken an earlier flight. the girl at the airport counter (you need to realize this is not your typical airport, more like a landing strip with a small building and one counter) called Belizean Adventures and had someone come and meet us. A young guy met us walked us to the place where we picked up the boat and guide and snorkel gear. Very small scale, great. we had time before we left to go to the reef because again we arrived early and we went to a little local place and had a drink and my boys had a great meal. very local so not touristy. I loved it! I felt very safe but I have traveled all over the world as a flight attendent so this wasn't such a big deal. I was alone with my 14 yr old twins and had absolutely no issues. When we arrived back the cab was waiting to drive us back to the boat

I am trying to figure out how to post the pictures I took there so you can see them. I know how to e-mail them but I haven't figured out how to download them to this thread. I have pictures of the little plane we took and of the area we snorkeled. I did book through Belizean Adventures. I grabbed a cab at the port and he drove me to the airport. no one met us when we arrived in because we had taken an earlier flight. the girl at the airport counter (you need to realize this is not your typical airport, more like a landing strip with a small building and one counter) called Belizean Adventures and had someone come and meet us. A young guy met us walked us to the place where we picked up the boat and guide and snorkel gear. Very small scale, great. we had time before we left to go to the reef because again we arrived early and we went to a little local place and had a drink and my boys had a great meal. very local so not touristy. I loved it! I felt very safe but I have traveled all over the world as a flight attendent so this wasn't such a big deal. I was alone with my 14 yr old twins and had absolutely no issues. When we arrived back the cab was waiting to drive us back to the boat

Thanks so much! We'll look forward to any pics you might have, 8 days for us!!!

T and J~

• 2 weeks later...

We snorkeled with Grumpy and Happy in San Pedro. Flew over from Belize City and they met us at the airport. Snorkeled most of the day and got back on the plane to Belize City. No problems getting to the ship on time. Grumpy and Happy are fabulous to snorkel with. All their charters are private and they are very professional. My daughter and I will be snorkeling with them on our cruise March 2013. Can't wait!!

Archived