Cable Beach

bfgcyp

I have read lots about the hotels and paying fees to use the beach in front of the hotels. Are there any public areas on Cable beach that you can get to from a cruise ship? We will be there in April on the Allure. We have 15 in our group. I think it may come down to Junkanoo beach which is free and we can walk there, but would love to see Cable beach because I have read that it is so beutiful.

I have read lots about the hotels and paying fees to use the beach in front of the hotels. Are there any public areas on Cable beach that you can get to from a cruise ship? We will be there in April on the Allure. We have 15 in our group. I think it may come down to Junkanoo beach which is free and we can walk there, but would love to see Cable beach because I have read that it is so beutiful.

The Hotels sit on the best of cable beach.. and access is by day pass only.

There are access points to Cable Beach, but they are not the "beautiful" parts. They are usually tucked away behind a private building with no maintenance and nothing nearby.

These areas have no chairs, no restrooms and are not raked or glass picked up from parties etc.

You might look at Saunders Beach or Goodmans bay, but there are no amenities and can have strong currents and rip tides at time.

Personally, I wouldn't go to a beach where there was a chance of a current with no lifeguard.

Junkanoo is in a calm area .. no problem with rough waves.

If you want to "see" cable beach. take a #10 bus ride for $2.50 round trip.

Archived