A/V Inputs on the TV's?

Does anyone know if the TV's in the AOS staterooms have A/V inputs? We're bringing the portable DVD player for my daughter and it would be nice to play some of her videos when we're getting ready in the morning.

Also, has anyone ever connected an ipod to the TV speaker? It would be nice to have some music playing when we're getting ready for dinner.

Thanks,

Kim

My experience is that the tv's do not have av hook ups, although you can buy something at Radio Shack that you hook in between the "cable" feed and the tv that will let you do the same thing. And why not just buy some pc speakers (small and cheap, probably less than $15), that run off batteries to use with you iPod? Anyway, have a great cruise.

Mark

Does anyone know if the TV's in the AOS staterooms have A/V inputs? We're bringing the portable DVD player for my daughter and it would be nice to play some of her videos when we're getting ready in the morning.

Also, has anyone ever connected an ipod to the TV speaker? It would be nice to have some music playing when we're getting ready for dinner.

Thanks,

Kim

I think you need what is called an RF Modulator. I just had to buy one to hookup DVR & DVD to my tv. The RF Modulators have the red/white and yellow ports and some come with an S video. Its about 25 bucks at kmart or target.

Thanks for all the responses. I think I'm going to buy some little speakers for the ipod and look into the RF Modulator to connect the DVD to the TV. I really don't want to spend $25 on the RF Modulator. My daughter can watch the Baby Einstein DVD's on the portable DVD...

Thanks,

Kim

Archived