luggage drop off at Vancouver

great thanks! my friend and are flying to vancouver for the cruise, but my aunt & uncle are driving. I'm considering sending our luggage with them if they would be able to just drop everything at the port. I have a horrible fear of having my luggage lost.LOL

Good to know. I will be sailing out of Vancouver also and plan to drop off my baggage with my rental car, and then return the car at the downtown location and then cab back to the terminal.

Wondering if the baggage handlers (the Longshore guys) are employees of Princesss or are they contracted out. Just want to know how much of a tip is expected to these guys to ensure my baggages will make it to my cabin.

You will likely find that the rental company will shuttle you back to the terminal and you won't have to cab it. The porters are highly paid members of Longshoremen's (IBL&W)and while there are signs up saying tips are not necessary...I wouldn't trust fate;)....a $1/ bag rounded up to the nearest $5 is what I usually do.

I am renting from Hertz, picking up the car at the airport and droping off at downtown and got a reasonable rate. I called Hertz at the downtown location (1270 Granville) directly. The man from Hertz told me that they don't have a shuttle. They can call me a cab that will be around $10, or take public transportation (one bus about one block over), or do a 25 minute walk. I know Thrifty/Dollar's downtown location on Seymour is closer to the cruise terminal, so I might go with them instead if the rate is not too much higher than Hertz.

Archived